ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Macro Lens

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi people.

Wondering if you could give me some advice.

My GF is after a Macro lens and she has sent me these two.

1; http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/77537/show.html
2; http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/27050/show.html

- Are these good lenses ?
- I know they are different prices but is one better than that other ?
- Is there some other lense that will do the job that you thinks better ?

Where is the best place on the tinterweb to buy these from other than jessops ??

Hope you guys can help.

Thanks, Sam!

"Navy" N17 TWO
The Nikon lens will obviously have better glass than the Tamron, and the Nikon also has VR (which is awesome on any VR lens I have owned)

The Tamron has a larger aperture so at a guess it will be faster and a much more shallow DOF :)

I have a Nikkor 60mm 2.8 Micro (picked it up on eBay, mint, for a nice figure in the £200 mark)

That's my knowledge of macro lenses shared for you Sam. On another note - I'll let you know (as promised) if I get stuck with my RS Tuner ;)

Fiesta ST-3
Hi I have the first lens you state. I love it, and bought it for £399.

Here are some pictures from it

6170035008_0e1c50146d_z.jpg

Beautiful Spider by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

6171388671_f26f7efcf7_z.jpg

Macro Spider by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

6171628907_bb6c1485cc_z.jpg

Out of Place? by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

These were my first few attempts with the lens which I believe can harness even better images.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
The Nikon lens will obviously have better glass than the Tamron, and the Nikon also has VR (which is awesome on any VR lens I have owned)

The Tamron has a larger aperture so at a guess it will be faster and a much more shallow DOF :)

I have a Nikkor 60mm 2.8 Micro (picked it up on eBay, mint, for a nice figure in the £200 mark)

That's my knowledge of macro lenses shared for you Sam. On another note - I'll let you know (as promised) if I get stuck with my RS Tuner ;)

Thanks for your help mate. Cant believe you have not done the remap yet. Get it done!

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
how close can she get to her subject? if it is something less docile than a taranchula then maybe look at anything from a 105mm upwards. If it is a non living subject then the Nikon 60mm is one of the best macro's out there. (as is the VR version, but that costs £600+)