ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joe's Racing Blue Project

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
lovely car mate!

How do the k-tech coilovers feel? seen a set on ebay and don't know whether to go for them or get cup shocks and eibachis or similar.
Thanks.

I really like the ktecs, they seem to get quite a bit of stick on here. It still drives very well, and to be honest the ride isn't too bad for coilovers. Plus I got mine fairly cheap.
Looks a lot cleaner than mine. Even after Iv spent three days polishing it up with my rotary :(
Aha cheers! I gave the car it's first decent clean for a month or too yesterday, I had just been jetwashing the muck off before. And she came up really well, I'm so glad I went for Racing Blue.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Looking ace joe can't believe how much you've done and last nights mini meet made me miss my 172 so much that I've bin on PH most
of the day! That pops and bangs ast night was ace!

Last edited:

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
The car had it's MOT just before Christmas, and failed on a worn balljoint. So with the help of Matt, I got it sorted at it was all passed.

The Toyo T1R's haven't got a lot of tread on them. So I've got myself 4 new PE2's. Which all going well, I'll get them fitted next weekend.

I finally got round to fitting the Powerflex exhaust mounts over Christmas which I'm happy about. Nice and simple to fit, and the exhaust still has plenty of space to move around. Whilst doing that I also fitted the new revised center mount.

Quick picture.

8304292434_915c5f75e5_z.jpg

IMG_4635 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

I've just bought a new camera lens, so no doubt I'll be out taking some more pictures soon :)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Looking ace joe can't believe how much you've done and last nights mini meet made me miss my 172 so much that I've bin on PH most
of the day! That pops and bangs ast night was ace!
I no mate, I've got it how I want it now to be honest. Few more things to come though.

Yeah it was pretty epic to be fair. I think Matt was in love with it too lol. The induction roar sounds insane. Just buy a Supersprint exhaust for the 200. Or we could try and get pops and bangs on the Vee ;)

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I've seen Jason's bbs wheels yesterday dude I think you'd love them;)
don't think I will be able to get pops and bangs on the vee dude but I've bin looking all week for parts for the 200 it should be good for the big meet;)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i wonder if its any louder than mine with the everestmod switched on , on the ecu :p

diesel explosions, might be killing the turbo again but ahwell

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
don't think I will be able to get pops and bangs on the vee dude but I've bin looking all week for parts for the 200 it should be good for the big meet;)

Decat and get natural pops.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Don't even tempt me dude :(

Auckys right though, straight through pipes for the Vee!. Can't wait to see them mate.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
^Thanks for the comments. I've ordered quite a few different bits for the car, so I should be able to them fitted soon and update :)

I'm also planning on doing a 2 day detailing session in a week or two. So I need to top up on a few things for that too.

^Thanks for the comments. I've ordered quite a few different bits for the car, so I should be able to them fitted soon and update :)

I'm also planning on doing a 2 day detailing session in a week or two. So I need to top up on a few things for that too.

What've you ordered mate?

Bit early on for a detail isn't it, weather still crap :rasp: mines still in rally mode :D

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
New inlet gaskets
Cold air feed for the foglight
Fabia VRS Splitter
HT paint
Managed to get hold of a passenger side wing too.

And it's payday next Friday, I've got my eyes on a few other items ;)

It is a bit mate, but it needs it tbh. The car is covered in tar :( Plus I need some protection on the wheels as they haven't been done for about a year. lol, mines the same at the minute.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Went for a few pictures with Matt a few weeks back in the snow.

8419736569_6ace3f2344_z.jpg

IMG_4738 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

8420840694_28006e7ba7_z.jpg

IMG_4742 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

8420851774_683788d177_z.jpg

IMG_4747 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

8420855894_f36a71907c_z.jpg

IMG_4760 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

And then the weekend after a did a 2 day detail on the car. It came out fantastic, I'm really happy with it.

The picture doesn't really show it properly, but I like the picture :)

8441075959_31d24d70f4_z.jpg

IMG_4785 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Some BIG updates to come in the next week or so :approve:

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Update time, the car is still driving great and beading very well after the detail.

8507176185_d47ca33d62_z.jpg

IMG_4787 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

I've been pretty busy buying parts over the last week or two. with the help of Matt and Cal, I managed to get quite a few parts fitted. Pure Motorsport solid topmounts, with strutbrace. Whiteline anti-roll bar. And Ktecs complete solid engine mount kit. The way the car feels and drives is completely different. Gear changes are so effortless, especially when you are on the loud pedal. I have only driven the car for a few miles, so I can't really comment on the other bits properly. But the rear of the car felt really well planted going into corners. I need to go for a longer drive, and see what all the fuss is about :)

A quick snap of the damaged wing.

8508288836_fcb57cd188_z.jpg

IMG_4791 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

And then a few random snaps from yesterday.

8507184329_8bc416bd87_z.jpg

IMG_4800 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

IMG_4806 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

8507171225_3108b28659_z.jpg

IMG_4799 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

8508276312_3494068296_z.jpg

IMG_4798 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

8507159827_e16e818471_z.jpg

IMG_4792 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

8508296508_93bcc570dc_z.jpg

IMG_4806 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

8507193235_429c458147_z.jpg

IMG_4807 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

8507202687_0c96af9b60_z.jpg

IMG_4815 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

And last of all, I picked up an RS2 inlet manifold up last weekend. Waiting to get it booked in for mapping with MWM, then I'll get it all fitted before I head down. I can't wait to get it all set up :)

8507209139_84f18f1d2d_z.jpg

RS2 y0 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys :)

I'm impressed with them so far anyway. To be honest noise and harshness doesn't really bother me too much, so I should be good.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant update Joe, can't wait to see this again at the Chester meet!
Cheers Matt, I'm excited for the big meet now :) It should be another good'n!
Awesome! I'll be organising a meet for the end of March start of April anyway!
Cool, I'll keep a look out then mate.
cracking mods!! lovely car
Thanks :) It's changed quite a bit now from how I originally bought it. Not like there was anything wrong with it :eek: