ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jon.G's Capsicum Red Ph3

Got a few things done today ready for the MOT tomorrow.

Got the drivers side fog light fitted thanks to him providing my with a spare foglight and holder, Fitted my RS grill that I bought again. Then swapped the 1*2 xenons out for the standard units for MOT reasons.

How she stood before:

SDC17468.jpg

Then got the above done:

SDC17472.jpg

Also decided to clean up the engine bay as it was looking pretty dirty, Also when cleaning noticed my topmounts were not tight at all, so tightened these back up.

SDC17470.jpg

I'm actually unsure of the RS grille now as well, I think I prefer the ph3 grille just because its different, makes the front end look more aggressive as well.
1*2 Xenons will be going back in tomorrow after the MOT.

BG182FF
that is one lovely clean motor! credit to you mate. Think the sport grille will look better with the xenons back in mate

BMW E36 328
Is there an engine in there :rasp: lol Very tidy bay tho great work

Looked amazing when you came round the other day mate. Sounds really nice too.

Cup spoiler would finish it off, but as said before loks amazing jon great job.

that is one lovely clean motor! credit to you mate. Think the sport grille will look better with the xenons back in mate

Yeah I did think that.

This is what It looks like with xenons and grill. However as you can see I no longer have the colour coded mouldings.
182918_10150419786985384_606115383_17426578_6485755_n.jpg

Is there an engine in there :rasp: lol Very tidy bay tho great work

Looked amazing when you came round the other day mate. Sounds really nice too.

Cup spoiler would finish it off, but as said before loks amazing jon great job.

All 75hp of an engine ;) It's pretty easy to tidy the bay up, because there's not much in there and plenty of space to work with.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
This looks awesome mate! Love red clios! Makes me miss my old one! Which looked similar to yours at one point!

Quick update:

Seen as i've not had much to do today, Gave the car a clean as it was pretty dusty from all the dry weather and gave it another coat of wax. Still beads like a dream though.
Went out for a quick blast and got some pictures:

SDC17700.gif

SDC17705.gif

SDC17710.gif

Looks good, what made you decide to go back to black mouldings on the front? Can't make up my mind which looks better.

They ended up getting stone chipped and cracking. So removed them.

I think the front end looks 'soft' colour coded, whereas now it looks a bit more aggressive. Breaks up all the red nicely as well IMO.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I really like the colour combination of this.
Remember seeing it at the Chester meet and it looked awsome then as well

Evo 8 MR
Was there really a need to remove the xenons? You'd have to have a really fussy tester to fail it on those.

Keep the RS grille btw.

Was there really a need to remove the xenons? You'd have to have a really fussy tester to fail it on those.

Keep the RS grille btw.

I thought for the sake of 10minutes I may as well just do it. I'd rather pay for an MOT once. I also took it to Renault so they'd probably have a fit.

I think colour coded inserts hide the fact that the cars not packing and make it look more sporty :)

Each to there own an all. Sometimes it looks good sometimes it doesn't. After doing it once I didn't see the point it going through all the effort for that bit of colour that will be chipped and crack a few months down the line.

Low!
Looking mint, prefer it without the colour coding on the front. With it being red, the colour coding looks a bit too much on the front imo

Clio 1.2 mk2
Looks awesome mate! I almost bought some turbines at a vdub show the other week. May have to go on the search now they suit the car nicely!

Looks awesome mate! I almost bought some turbines at a vdub show the other week. May have to go on the search now they suit the car nicely!

Yeah they are quite popular in the dub scene. I got my from a friend who ran them on his polo, then I got them powdercoated. With being only 6.5J they are abit skimpy.

**UPDATE**

Ended up buying some -90mm springs off Joe and due to the rear adjuster platform bolts being seized in I've not put them on, but I ended up taking the rear platform adjusters out for some more lows. Given just that added but of lows, and I actually think its pretty much perfect on the rear now so I'll probably end up selling the -90mm's. I'm still playing with the front, Tired to lower it more but got massive amount of scrubbage so I'm trying to figure something out.

This is how its currently standing, Excuse the dirt
SDC17784.jpg

Last edited:
  MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I might be interested in the springs if mine isn't low enough when i take the adjusters out. Are you running rokkors ?

Jap Box
Wow, how do you cope with people in the back, when ive got a full car mine goes very very close to scraping at the back and thats only at -40mm!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
looks good that pal. love the contrast between the grey wheel up front and the white one at the rear. is this the new look ;)

saying that i cant talk. mine is actually falling to bits.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks great mate! Hardly ever see any capsicum non-sports, used to have one myself :)

Ace! What's the front scrubbing on?

The bumper mount, I'm going to cut it off when I get round to it, for now its scrubbing the arch liner infront of it:

SDC17788.jpg

Wow, how do you cope with people in the back, when ive got a full car mine goes very very close to scraping at the back and thats only at -40mm!

I don't have a full car. I refuse to drive people around lol. My friends have focus's and golfs and a diesel clio's so usually just take those if we go anywhere together.

looks good that pal. love the contrast between the grey wheel up front and the white one at the rear. is this the new look ;)

saying that i cant talk. mine is actually falling to bits.

Shusssh, least I'm not running a spare wheel!

Fiesta ST-3
165/50s would sort out your scrubbage problem mate! Mine doesn't scrub at all. However it does give huge amounts of lows...

Awww too much scrubbing? That's a shame; reckon the -90's would have looked ace!

I rolled (hammered lol) my arches and sanded down all the bumper mounting to get mine to not rub, but it was worth it.