ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

juddering 1.2

well, its not that juddery just a little rough really, especially when moving off in first two gears. im sure its nothing to do with gearbox and clutch has only done 14k miles on it. i had it a while back and took it in to let renault deal with it, but now warranty is up. the only mod i have is backbox. would that make any difference to the ecu, maybe over time put it out a bit and make fuel run lean or something? its going to be a bit of a pain if i have to take the car in every year just to get that sorted.

was going to take the car in rolling road after i get some more mods and then get it set up better.

but i did hear that some 1.2s do tend to go a little out of sink with tickover.

anyone had these probs?

H22A7 Accord Type R

at idle...........mine kinda oscillates (spelling), it dont rev constanly at the same rpm, and exhaust pops n splutters a wee bit on idle. If this is what ya mean, i just put it down to it being such a higly tuned 1.2 performance beasty!! LOL Rob :) also, for setting off, in 1st, say i set off wi my foot half down, revs slowly build, until it gets to about 3500rpm, then it kinda kcis in and goes! Thats wi the foot being the same way down all the time! Just the engine hittiing its sweet spot :)

yeah thats like mine, it used to feel nice all the time though. sometimes it goes nice, but sometimes i feel a prat when the car goes ugu ug ug ugu!, but it does resolve past 3.5k rpm, must just be getting lazy with the gas! if thats possible. been a year since its last service anyway so a little tune up may help it.

H22A7 Accord Type R

only time mine is annoying is when im stiing at constant speed, at about 2200rpm......its like a dead spot or somethin, car dont wanna hold, it goes up n down n feels a bit juddery. I put it down to the panel filter changin the air fuel mixture as im sure it feels smoother wi the std filter back in. Rob

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

there has been a few reprogramming notes released to dealers about 1.2 running problems but a slightly lumpy idle would seem to be normal.

sounds like youre describing mine there rob! lol

mines been in and had all the updates etc and still does it, and they told me that the oscillating revs was normal! ah well, will just learn to put up with it!

when the car was at the dealers the other day they reckoned they couldnt find any faults, but since ive had it back the mpg has gone back up to 40-ish and the idling isnt so bad as it was - only had it 2 days tho. spose they must have checked it all over and cleaned things where necessary as well as stick her on the clip.

That happened to me,. it was fine after going in but now its back. I dont care though, reminds me of a car on carbs.. :D

-Rob

i get the service light on in the mornings now too! somethings a bit dicky. try cleaning the throttle body next week, might be thermostat? auto choke related? ah i dont know, but a minor problem is good in my books, gives me something to play with!:)

not exactly sure yet! near the air filter? iv heard of someone putting a 1.6 throttle body on a 1.4. dont know if their were any great gains if any. spose if you had a lot done to your engine it would help get more air in.

H22A7 Accord Type R

im interested in this throttle body thing too...........somethin i know next to nothin about!!! ?? whats the throttle body to clean? i aint gone in for any upgrades at all, most of the little things i learn to live with, like what other Rob says lol. If i went in for an upgrade it would probably come back set up for grannys shopping trips lol! like i say tho, im pretty sure the jetex panel filter makes a difference also, so its due to my performance enhancements lol! ;) OBC

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by renaultsport83 on 16 February 2004

where is the throttle body on a 1.2 16v? im not an expert with engines. can they be upgraded?
inside the inlet manifold.you have to remove the manifold to get to it.