ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Juddering when changing gears

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

my dci 100 has started juddering when pulling away and changing gears. It happens through all the gears, but is more noticable in lower gears.

the best way i can describe it is by saying it feels like im driving over a cattle grid when pulling away and changing gears. Drive is normal after that.

any ideas? Im wondering if it could be clutch /gearbox or mounts. Any other signs that would confirm?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Check your mounts over. Does it feel like the engine is losing power intermittently or just like the whole car is shaking?

My dCi 100 never did it because it has the JR5 box, I've had ones with a JC5 that do judder, my 172 does it sometimes if the revs are low enough.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Check your mounts over. Does it feel like the engine is losing power intermittently or just like the whole car is shaking?

My dCi 100 never did it because it has the JR5 box, I've had ones with a JC5 that do judder, my 172 does it sometimes if the revs are low enough.

just feels like the who car is shaking mate. As if i have drove over one of them cattle grid things.

i wondered if it might be mounts. MOT in a couple weeks so i will have a look when its up on the ramp.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
just feels like the who car is shaking mate. As if i have drove over one of them cattle grid things.

i wondered if it might be mounts. MOT in a couple weeks so i will have a look when its up on the ramp.
Check your drivers side mount. They're prone to failing, just make sure your ribbon is still intact otherwise you'll have an engine try to come and attack you through the bulkhead😂

Failing clutch release bearing causes similar issues doesn't it?
Nah because it's a slave cylinder, they just go plop and your foot goes through the bulkhead😂

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Check your drivers side mount. They're prone to failing, just make sure your ribbon is still intact otherwise you'll have an engine try to come and attack you through the bulkhead😂

Nah because it's a slave cylinder, they just go plop and your foot goes through the bulkhead😂
Will have a look over the weekend and report back.