ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

June Photography Competition - Journey

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
After some excellent entries last month, congratulations to Niall who won with the shot below.

niall97_zps7d7f0177.jpg

The theme for June is Journey,

Really flexible theme, I expect a good number of entries, especially with the nice weather of late.

So - Entries close on the 26th June

The Rules:

- The photo must be taken this month.

- Post a maximum of 3 images at one time, you can come back with more pics if you have tried something different, but please stick to 3 pics max each time.

- You MUST flag one image as your entry, feel free to repost your chosen image towards the end of the comp with 'entry' above it, this will be placed into a new thread at the end of the alloted time for people to vote on. Only images with entry clearly written above or below it will be accepted.

- Try to keep posted images to a max of around 800px wide.

- No rules on photoshop use etc, but this is first and foremost a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.

- All images entered must be taken within this month.

- If you want to change your entry, you MUST PM me (jenic) before the closing date.

- If you haven't followed the above rules don't come moaning when your picture isn't in the voting thread.

The Winner will win a special ClioSport.net goody bag and pick the July theme!

Good luck !!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Nice shot A_Cro! I’m not sure I’ll be able to get an entry in for my own theme lol, but I’ll try, all depends on wether I get the new camera in time.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Well done Niall!

Now this sounds like a perfect excuse to use the new 35mm F1.4 :D

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Have you got it yet, Matt? I’m going to get a Sigma 50mm f1.4 for the 5D2 like I had for my D7000, but I’m hesitant just incase they bring out a new 50 F1.4 :/

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Yea I have its, its awesome :D had it for around a week and it hasn't left the camera, I picked it up on the way to a job and shot the entire job with it lol!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds good! I can’t wait to get a 50 on full frame, I’ve used the exact combo I’m buying before and loved it. I bet 35 is quite wide on FF though isn’t it? 50 on FF isn’t long at all.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Sounds good! I can’t wait to get a 50 on full frame, I’ve used the exact combo I’m buying before and loved it. I bet 35 is quite wide on FF though isn’t it? 50 on FF isn’t long at all.

Yea its quite wide, however it makes it very versatile you can shoot anything with it, I got use to shooting at that focal length when I had the d300s, I had a 35mm DX lens on it and used that for most photos.

I am now saving for the Nikon 85mm f1.4 G AF-S which is also superb, just a tad pricey. [h=1][/h]

dk

911 GTS Cab
704038_10152903970340402_1214699530_o.jpg

Electro-shock therapy - Tough Mudder, was really difficult to shoot through the wires dangling (and between the heads of a load of people in front of me), this is my brother on the final obstacle as he's just lost his trainer in the mud. He was definitely on a journey!

​Entry

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Some cracking shots, I am hopefully going to get out this evening and get my entry :)