ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jus been hit by uninsured, drunk foreign driver!!!

hey i was parked outside a local pub last nite pickin up a m8 when a foreigner smashed into the side of my car, he didnt stop so i chased him n when he finally stopped i got him to go bk to where he hit me. There he was set on by a paramilitary organisation and kicked useless which he didnt deserve but, its northern ireland. All has been reported to police but they seem to be more interested in the foreigner gettin a kicking than my car. Jus want to know if any of u have any advice to wat i can do. It my first insurance and at £2200 for a 1.2 8v 97 mk1 cant exactly claim off my own insurance.

cheers
jonny

M2 Competition
If you gave him a kicking just for hitting you car, you aint gonna get anywhere with the law now mate. Silly. Should have just held him there and called the police.

If you gave him a kicking just for hitting you car, you aint gonna get anywhere with the law now mate. Silly. Should have just held him there and called the police.

No forgot to mention i wasnt involved with giving him the kickin i asked them to leave him so i could find out about insurance myself, but as they were drunk and under the impression that he was trying to ram them there was nothin i could do.

if you have legal cover they will pay for a solicitor who will claim from the m.i.b (motor insurers beaurea) but warning your looking at a year wait till you see any money. not sure if its the same in n.ireland but im guessing it is.

i was hit into april 2006 and despite photos, police reports. i've still not received a penny. get my payout within a month hopefully.

and if you dont have a legal cover, you will either have to claim or hire your own solicitor or just take the loss unfortunately.

k thanks for info, hope u get your payout. dnt think i could b bothered waitin a year. Will jus have to cut my losses and but another clio and strip my old 1.

jonny

well ive waited a yr bt im getting about 5k and car was only worth like 3500. still keep my car which i can sell for salvage too plus keep my no claims.

thats including a whiplash claim tho

RS Clio 200
lol the fact you got him to go back to the point of incident, and he got battered there isnt going to look good with the cops no matter what you say unfortunately.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Hmm, this could be a tough one. It is going to be very hard to prove that you didn't have anything to do with the guy getting a kicking. The fact he got a kicking after coming back to the crime scene rather makes it look like he could have been set up. I'm not saying this is how it was, but it certainly isn't going to look good!

I hope you manage to get some kind of payout for your car, there's nothing I hate more than uninsured drivers! :mad: