ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just a few from a sunny Falls of Clyde

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Went along for a walk today, sunburn on my neck ftw ;)

Still got the wee Canon point and shoot

All comments and advice welcome as usual.

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1966_edited.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

Better than yours. C*nt.
What speed were you running for the water pics? If you can get away with it ISO1600 is always good for that as you can see the droplets of water, but depends if your sensor gets too grainy when you do it.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just an iso of 80, camera only goes to 800 iirc.

I like getting the look of the water running hence the low iso but I'll certainly try raising it up Mike, cheers.

Al, na not today ;)

first few are all under exposed as its meetering wrong due to the bright water

iso wont affect you seeing the droplets of water really its just down to shutter speed

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
first few are all under exposed as its meetering wrong due to the bright water

iso wont affect you seeing the droplets of water really its just down to shutter speed

not completely true.... iso is the film speed... meaning that less light is required to take the image.... you wouldnt shoot a 40iso for a sports game etc... so by raising the iso it will adjust the metering bumping the shutterspeed up...

so bumping up the iso would in effect make the camera meter different meaning you need a faster shutterspeed thus freezing the droplets.

and by the looks of things it was spot metered which is why the water is overexposed compared to the rest...

yes true but its not the way to do it is it faster glass is ! thats the best way to increase the amount of light getting in

the thing that controls freezing of motion is shutter speed you may need to up the iso to increase you ability to stop action but its not whats responsible for it

B

Brown.

Keep iso the same......dont increase iso. dont go higher then 800 anyway. this will give noisy images, just take a pic at 250ths to get water droplets.!!! ......lower the apature size, get it on a tripod, 1 second shutter and get your milk on!!!......

DPP_00110.jpg

B

Brown.

B setting, there will be a setting trust me, might only let you go up to 3 seconds though.

or stop being tight and get a decent featured camera :)

Ixus 60 will not allow you to manually change shutter or aperture. Great pics for a p@s.... get a D40... cheap as chips for an SLR!