ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just a few things.

Megane 225 F1
So had the car for 2 weeks and got a few small problems.

On hard acceleration and reving over 4k there will be a knocking coming from somewhere. I suspect its a mount that is shagged and creating movement in the engine / exhaust?

A whistling coming from the front of the car. I think it's related to brakes which were put on at the weekend. Brembo Hc and Ferodo ds2500. Happens even when not braking.

Whistling is usually the right hand mirror, Where the temp sensor isnt there leaving a hole (is on french cars) and the wind makes it whistle above 80 jellybeans?

Clio 172mk2
knocking will prolly be dog bone mount, either replace with standard or get uprated power flex ones from kam racing. Slight more vibration on cold start ups but will last longer.

With brakes see if the shims are still in as ppl recomend removing these, also check the clearence of the pads correct. although it is usually the mirror making the noise

Megane 225 F1
Are the shims the bit of metal that go in either side of the pads? They aren't in if they are. Which bit is the mirror?

Clio 172mk2
driver side mirror, under side theres the hole it is usually that making the noise.

Yer thin metal plates either side of the pads shouldnt be in, just check theres a slight gap and there free moving within the calliper just remember when the metal heats from braking itll expand slightly.

Megane 225 F1
LOL I thought you meant there was a part of the brakes called the mirror :eek:

Il give the pads a looking over today and see if I can wiggle them and make it stop. As for the mounts, that will have to wait until I get monies :(

Clio 172mk2
yer if its a phase 2 172 / 182 yes, just a case of taking old one off taking the old inner rubbers out and replacing with the upgraded ones, then re fit