ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just been invited to a cost price sale

Hi,

Ive just been invited to a "cost price sale" by my local Renault dealer tonight - obviusly theyll be some kind of catch but Im going to pop along anyway for curiosity and I maybe interested in swapping the 172 Cup for a Trophy.

Anyway - Just so I know where I stand - does anyone know what the actual cost price of a trophy or full phat 182 actually is? Ive seen Arnold Clark advertise a trophy for 12995 on thier web site so I suppose if its lower than that then I should snap thier hand off......?!?

dk

911 GTS Cab

i had one of these too for mine, made it out to be highly confidential and only for special customers LOL.

doubt it will apply to all cars though mate.

Silver 182 F/F

You will find there cost price on the invoice what they show you is about what price there selling them for at the moment,they normally make there profits from the rebate from the manufacture.

I asked the guy specifically if this offer applies for the Tophy and he answered in the positive. His opening gambit on the phone was that I would save "a couple of grand" on list blah blah blah etc etc...

Anyway nothing will surprise me and im going up there for curiosity more than anything - Im going to take the advert from Arnold Clark and if they beat that and give me a decent price for the 172 cup then I may be tempted but I suspect the whole thing will be a waste of time - still Ive go f*ck all else on tonight so I figure I may as well check it out.....

Quote: Originally posted by chrisl on 14 September 2005

I asked the guy specifically if this offer applies for the Tophy and he answered in the positive. His opening gambit on the phone was that I would save "a couple of grand" on list blah blah blah etc etc...

Anyway nothing will surprise me and im going up there for curiosity more than anything - Im going to take the advert from Arnold Clark and if they beat that and give me a decent price for the 172 cup then I may be tempted but I suspect the whole thing will be a waste of time - still Ive go f*ck all else on tonight so I figure I may as well check it out.....

Isnt list £15,500 or something so hes probably gonna say £13k still lol

BigChris got offered a brand new one for £12k dead last week iirc

muz

big fat japanese bus

Offered a 182 with cup packs or 12,000 but only giving 7,000 for mine!

False economy!

Also - just so im armed with the correct info - does anyone know when the RS version of the Clio III will be out? I dont need an exact date but will it be 2005 or not until 2006?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

Quote: Originally posted by chrisl on 14 September 2005

Also - just so im armed with the correct info - does anyone know when the RS version of the Clio III will be out? I dont need an exact date but will it be 2005 or not until 2006?
supposed to be about the middle of 2006 iirc

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

Quote: Originally posted by muzz on 14 September 2005

Offered a 182 with cup packs or 12,000 but only giving 7,000 for mine!

False economy!
What year is your car etc??????????????

Well "cost price" turned out to be 13.5k on a Trophy - I got him down to 12.8k after showing him the Arnold Clark advert but we couldnt reach a deal due to trade in value. Ive still got 9 months to go on the 172 cup loan which is one of those where you have a balloon payment at the end of 3 yers. I offered him the 172 cup plus 3k for a Trophy - after disappearing for a while to think about it he came back and said it was "unrealistic" I thought he was quite polite at this point as I knew I was trying to rape him in the ass!

Still you never know, I might get a follow up call if hes really struggling this month and if you dont ask you dont get!

BTW he also said the Clio III RS was out in Jan 06 and that there were 14 Trophys left.... I obviously took both these with a pinch of salt but he seemed fairly honest for a car salesman!

The trophy is not all that...my mate works for renault, he got the low down on the Trophy the other day. All Trophys are normal clios in capsicom red that they cannot shift, as its the least selling colour. They Strengthened the chassis, put the different engine in it and interior. Al that makes it special is the rediculously expensive suspension! Just imagine in a few years if you owned a Trophy and stacked it, and had to replace the suspension. It would be bloody hard to get hold of, and it would probably cost so much it would write the car off!

Quote: Originally posted by BanezWantaCup on 15 September 2005

The trophy is not all that...my mate works for renault, he got the low down on the Trophy the other day. All Trophys are normal clios in capsicom red that they cannot shift, as its the least selling colour. They Strengthened the chassis, put the different engine in it and interior. Al that makes it special is the rediculously expensive suspension! Just imagine in a few years if you owned a Trophy and stacked it, and had to replace the suspension. It would be bloody hard to get hold of, and it would probably cost so much it would write the car off!

Check facts before running your mouth with a load of pub talk b****cks your "mate" has told you. ;)

COPY AND PASTE LOL

The Tube

Try booking up for the next Renaultsport trackday, and go out in a passenger ride in one..... they are pretty awesome motors, Recaro seats are gorgeous, oh and the engine is no different to the 172 / 182.

how is it a load of bull. From the mouth of a head technician and area rep at renault?

oh and i know its not got a different engine to the 182/172.

tiTTy & SV650

engine is no different, and neither is the chassis as far as im aware. Suspension is the main reason to get the trophy.