ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just Bought a 02 172, few Problems

02 Clio 172
Got myself a nice 2002 Clio Sport 172 in Red. 75k on The clock.

My 2nd 172, gave my friend a shot after paying £7200 for my last one, and he wrote it off! He wasnt insured and took 5 months to pay me back in bits and pieces, whish got wasted as he paid ha! You know how it is!

Anyway, after a 05 plate Zetec S for about 9 months, then a Renault Traffic, im Back to nice wee clio sport.

Bought myself one the other night needing a bit tidying up, but apart from that its clean.

Anyway the problems-

1) ABS Light on- what could cause this??

2) Steering wheel about 3cm to left when car is actually going straight, BUT when i let go it doesnt pull to one side, which to me would seem like tracking has been done, and i need to remove wheel and put it on a different spline?? am i Correct?

3) Broken Engine Mount, Driver Side. I have seen the K-Tec Version, is this cheaper than a standard one from renault?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Cro

Meg'd r27
Check the brake fluid for the abs light mate, flickers sometimes when its low. Not sure what you could do about the steering wheel, might be a steering rack number if it really annoys you. K-tec are cheaper than the dealers for the mounts but im sure theres others you can get from motor factors that would be cheaper again!

02 Clio 172
As????

can you recomend a motor factor please?

Well im putting it into Free Flow for a full service so surely that should cover the brake fluid yeh?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
broken abs ring or low fluid

tracking needs to be done to re align wheel

1) ABS Light on- what could cause this??
need to get the car plugged into a computer most likly ne of the wheel sensors probably a front wheel one
2) Steering wheel about 3cm to left when car is actually going straight, BUT when i let go it doesnt pull to one side, which to me would seem like tracking has been done, and i need to remove wheel and put it on a different spline?? am i Correct?
Get the tracking done properly.

don't go changing the splines on the wheels get it done right. tracking should be done with the wheel straight and both sides of the stearing moved no other way as abs etc neds it doing that way
3) Broken Engine Mount, Driver Side. I have seen the K-Tec Version, is this cheaper than a standard one from renault?
I'd personaly kep the renault standard one