ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just Broken Down! HELP!!!

2001 Ph1 172
HELP ME!!!

ok i was driving to work today. My ph1 172 just cut out while sat in traffic! the ideal has been all over the place( up and down) for a fewweeks. my local garage had quated £180 for the part ( idel Control sensor) before Xmas and was planning to get it done. But now they are saying its £350 as its only avalible with the throttle body???!!! is this true?

also when the car cut out it took 4 or 5 attempts to reatart the car and it usaly firers first time??

HELP!!!!!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Take it to rentech (or ring them) in Portsmouth, the best place for Renaults in the area.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
HELP ME!!!

ok i was driving to work today. My ph1 172 just cut out while sat in traffic! the ideal has been all over the place( up and down) for a fewweeks. my local garage had quated £180 for the part ( idel Control sensor) before Xmas and was planning to get it done. But now they are saying its £350 as its only avalible with the throttle body???!!! is this true?

also when the car cut out it took 4 or 5 attempts to reatart the car and it usaly firers first time??

HELP!!!!!

Yes you can only buy the complete throttle body from Renault.
IIRC its all 1 sealed unit on them.

Well it certainly was for my Clio.
Costly !

Look for alternatives to change, such as TDC sensor etc.
Maybe worth getting the car on a Clip Diagnostic machine unless this has been done and the t/body been diagnosed as the fault?

2001 Ph1 172
the problem is i need it for ork asap and mikes busy!!! (i think) does fitting this part sound like a solution to my problem???

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
It does in a way.....

Its a common symptom on the Clios.

The list does span far and wide tho.

Coolant Sensor
TDC Sensor
Coil Pack
Plugs
Throttle Body
MAP Sensor

Obv some are more expensive then others.

Unless anything specific has been brought up on the clip System, then its just trial and error really.

I started with TDC + Coolant Sensor and worked up to the Throttle Body.
Seems to have cured it for now....

2001 Ph1 172
yes plaese!!! how does it sound if i drop it off at 9ish and pic it up ether 6pm ish thursday or first thing friday?