ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just done the cambelt now i need pads advice?

Black 172 FF
Done the 172's cambelt + aux belt etc over last couple of days and now i need some pads, the car is mainly for road use but will be on the track as well ie cadwell in a few weeks :)

Can you advise me on some pads ?

Thanks Tom

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Carbone Lorraine pads won't wreck your wheels, this is down to the sintered material being left on the wheels surface too long, after all it is mostly metallic and will oxidise. Two things you can do:

1) wipe your wheels over with a bumper silicone or similar after cleaning, this will make the dust remain clear of the painted surface.

2) Ensure you hose the wheels off once a week, which most people do anyway, it is important to remember you are fitting out and out race pads to your road car.

In racing your wheels would be changed and cleaned every few hours and is not a consideration Carbone Lorraine take into account when developing the product. As Batman seems to know all too well, this is a minor issue for the reward this product gives you first press. I have never had a set back, and never sold a different brand to a customer who has had Carbone Lorraine in the past. I think it's time you converted to Carbone!

Sean.

Black 172 FF
Sean can you comment on the greenstuff and yellowstuff pads as well ?

The reason i ask, a friend has the carbone lorraine from yourself and recons they are a very loud pad way to loud for road use ?