ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just Fitted Front Coilovers - Is This Too Low!?

Car  CTR--VX220D
This is with the springs half way up the thread. I could litterally lower it to the floor if wanted :S
 

Attachments

  • DSC00253.webp
    DSC00253.webp
    329.4 KB · Views: 197
that will handle shite and catch like a b*****d on the bumper brackets and bits towards the front of the arch.
 
Thought so .... its predominantly going to be used on the track though.

Im going to raise it about 15mm.

Got the backs to do first though :(
 
BTW --- one of the best pieces of advice was to buy an impact gun - wouldnt have been able to do it without.

Cheers Fred ;) - Oh and my Brembo's/Ferodo's arrived to day - thanks.
 
Your front bumper looks like its come loose there.... What type of coilovers are they and how much did they set u back?
 
They can go so low that the sump can touch the ground - FK's.

Half way doing the rear now - its started raining :( Coffee break.
 
Oh and BTW - I can get away with lowering it more than people with std 16's because Im running 195/40/ R16's - it makes all the difference.
 
Aye maybe a wee bit low...

Same with H&Rs - mine have enough adjustability that I'm sure I could have the splitter touching the road if I really wanted.

Dan Page said:
that will handle sh*te and catch like a b*****d on the bumper brackets and bits towards the front of the arch.
Anyone got pics of the bits that catch? Mine have only started to catch recently, always on mid-corner bumps when going for it. I've not yet found which bit is actually catching... :dapprove:

205/45/16s on std 172 rims though - maybe that's my problem.
 
All done - and tested. I raised it only 10mm and no scrubbing, and handles astonishingly good - cant wait to test the different damping settings.

I'll update my Track Car blog thread once blog is updated.
 
measure 140mm from the small abs bracket to the bottom of the adjuster platform, thats about the correct height
 
I have more pics that I will be uploading to my blog later - with the new ride height [not much difference IMO though]

I have taken it for a 1 hour drive over the chase and local back roads and it handles 200% better than before.

Its much more like my VX now ... :)

Just have to update the blog now though!
 
Back
Top