ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just got caught going 99 mph

iv got 3 points the now for 94 mph 4 months ago had ma license for 4 year 99 mph on a 70 they recon i might get banned but ill need to cancel the 182 sharpish if i think i will get bamned wot u think

Renault Laguna Coupe

Cross your fingers. You might just get away with it. Might want to get a new insurance quote though.

Focus ST

I reckon youll be ok, a mate went to court for 99.6mph and got 5 points and a fine - youll just have to slow down a bit as you are treading a very fine line!

nice!!!! he was like do you need car for work?? i was like yeh he laughted and said uv had it

then said his rights and said would u like to say n e thing i was like when was ur equip calibrated??? he went mental said id better no mention it at cort and it was done a few days ago!!!!! lol

Renault Laguna Coupe

Good luck anyway. But if youve been done twice in 4 months in the 1.2 I reckon youre doomed in a 182! FFS slow down!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Quote: Originally posted by mark_cliomk3 on 09 May 2004

iv got 3 points the now for 94 mph 4 months ago had ma license for 4 year 99 mph on a 70 they recon i might get banned but ill need to cancel the 182 sharpish if i think i will get bamned wot u think
Sorry mark, but am I reading that as, you got done 4mths ago for 94mph and then 99 tonight?

Sorry but the lack of full stops and comas in your post makes it a bit hard to work out.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Blimy man, ur getting caught like that in ur 1.2 u wont have time to enjoy ur 182 :S

How about you stop typing like a moron, and use punctuation? Stop text typing too, all the bloody keys are infront of you.... this isnt rocket science you know

Quote: Originally posted by ianC on 10 May 2004

How about you stop typing like a moron, and use punctuation? Stop text typing too, all the bloody keys are infront of you.... this isnt rocket science you know

You missed a full stop Ian.

Quote: Originally posted by mark_cliomk3 on 10 May 2004

nice!!!! he was like do you need car for work?? i was like yeh he laughted and said uv had it
One of them said that to me on the night of my crash - I think its a standard issue retarded comment they are pre-programmed to make or something, just after they decide they are judge and jury.

Quote: Originally posted by mark_cliomk3 on 10 May 2004

then said his rights and said would u like to say n e thing i was like when was ur equip calibrated??? he went mental said id better no mention it at cort and it was done a few days ago!!!!! lol
I seem to recall reading that if their kit isnt calibrated that day you have some sort of argument against the whole thing... you might want to check that out though!!!

Waiting for 3 points myself me thinks!

Seen one of them van things on the side of the road when i was on my way back to work from my lunch... i would have passed it on the way home but not sure if i was speeding, or whether the van was there when i passed!.

Does anyone know how long it takes for a fine to come through if you get caught from one of them vans??? Cause im soiling myself! i would rather not get the points cause im moving house this week and need all the money i can get!

[Edited by SOOTY on 10 May 2004 at 7:57am]

bring up the fact it wasnt calibrated that should help as there is a rule it must have been done within 24hrs of when you were caught any morew and u can claim an innaccuracy doubt it will get u off fully but its worth an argument, also if u have been driving for 4yrs and only have 3points id imagine u getting 5 for this and a hefty fine get your employers to right u a letter staiting yu need a car to work

300bhp MR2 Turbo

You gotta be doing 30mph or more above the speed limit to get an automatic ban. Thats the rules that they set.

Its just a question of them either giving you the fixed 3 points as they should or being nob ends and trying to push for more, added to your tally could be trouble. Only grounds they could try to get more is probably for dangerous driving.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Im not gonna tell you to slow down.. but you damn well should be more observant.. heh.

Hope they dont hit you too hard with the points.. you *SHOULD* be able to keep your license.

Focus ST

I think youre much less likely to get a ban if you go to court and show some genuine remorse*, rather than trying to squirm out of it with the old "has your equipment been calibrated" trick. 99.9% of the time the equipment will have been, and youll just look like another idiot trying to get away with speeding scot free.

*mind you this might be tricky given that you got caught 4 months ago

Meg on pistonheads £6995

should be fine!!

so many ppl have speeders, that insurers dont worry too much - someone else on here has 2 and it doesnt affect their insurance!

INSTANT ban normally over 100

(although some still get a way with it - youre not a Football Player or member of the Royal family are you?)

have you actually got the letter, or just stopped at 99?

Got done a couple of years back for over 100, reading was 103 on the VASCAR but the copper must have been in a fantastic mood as he put 96mph on the ticket. He warned me that if I was not insured etc then I would be procecuted for 103mph?? Would like to see him explain this in court!

Anyway got 3 points and £60

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 10 May 2004

At the moment it take about 10 days for your NIP to arrive. :oops:
working days or actual? ithink i might have been done 2 weeks ago on saturday. with the bank holiday i thought it might be delayed, so this week is the crunch week me thinks....

was there two of them?

i got dun hittin a red light! (it was amber)

he proceeded to tell me "not to bullsh*t him" because he had a camera!

i then asked to see it and he sed no! not unless it went to court!

i went down station to produce documents and chap behined desk couldnt stop laughing wen i told him! he sed to not worry about it because its his word against mine and there is no evidence!

he also said they have to show u proof wot u was doin if u ask to see it! because if it were to go court it would sway ure plee if there is video footage etc of u breakin the law!

should have asked to see the speed gun and if they sed no then u can just not sign ticket and saay i dont agree! they cant do sh*t then!

(and a copper told me that)

[Edited by h3lter on 10 May 2004 at 11:58am]

Quote: Originally posted by Si172 on 10 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by mark_cliomk3 on 09 May 2004

Sorry mark, but am I reading that as, you got done 4mths ago for 94mph and then 99 tonight?

Sorry but the lack of full stops and comas in your post makes it a bit hard to work out.

Its the fact that he does not seem able to string together a full sentence in English that made it difficult for me to read it.

He will more than likely be banned for being a consistant offender.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 10 May 2004

Time to go buy a B2 mate. Or is it a bit late?
thats the problem - a B2 cant help against a patrol car on your tail. Nor can it help if you ignore it cos you dont think therell be a camera at a mobile site :oops: