ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just had this pop up on my facebook feed.. HUGE GATHERING for a good cause

URGENT! PLEASE SHARE!!

Cars needed of all shapes and sizes - This event needs to be huge!

losing my son please help
by zippy! » 28
Aug 2012, 17:20

hi all i cant believe im about to say this but here goes i have just been informed that my 11 year old son has around 4 weeks to live, for those who dont know he had leukeamia aged 2 and beat it then last year we had the devastating news that he had a cancerous brain tumor they operated and removed it and we thought all was well until friday when we were given the news it had returned in 2 places and there is nothing more they can do to help him as you can imagine we are totally devastated and have to try to make the most of our time left with our little boy so heres where i hope you can all help me i promised him a few weeks ago before i found out about this that i would take him to a car gathering as he is a massive fan of sports/modified cars mainly subaru,s evo,s etc but i cannot find one so i thought i would try arrange one just for him so i can keep that promise!
i have arranged with dewsbury district golf club
Sands Lane, Mirfield, West Yorkshire, WF14 8HJ, England

Is located at The Pinnacle in Mirfield, West Yorkshire. A 10 minutes drive from junction 25 on the M62.
to be able to use there car park for the gathering which i would like to hold on saturday the 8th of september starting from 6 pm. everybody and every type of car is welcome the club house is open for drinks etc so please please please attend if
can make it and make my little boys night a special one thank you all in advance.

Will be convoying to this event from Xscape Overflow leaving at half5 - Please let us know if you want to attend and convoy with us. Thanks, WYC Staff.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
This needs posting by a respected member on Pistonheads to get some decent cars there for the lad, if anyone knows anyone on there with a decent profile get them to post it.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I might pop along to this seen as it's local if anyone else is going?

Which is it? Mirfield at 6pm or Meltham at 1pm The OP post is different to the one skoobynet.

pimp mobile Zafira
This needs posting by a respected member on Pistonheads to get some decent cars there for the lad, if anyone knows anyone on there with a decent profile get them to post it.
Looks like its made it's way onto PH. Looking at some of the other forums it looks like its made it way round quickly which is good news.

R26/200 Raider
This is a very sad story. I cannot start to imagine what the family are going through at this moment in time. I will certainly attend.

RB R26.R
im working on saturday morning but will no doubt join the traffic mayhem in at around about half 2. things should be going on for a while id have thought with the size of this..

R26/200 Raider
Yes that should be ok. I'm from West Yorkshire so know the area. There is a car park opposite Elland Rd by the traffic lights, next to the M621 so just on there and its easy for Huddersfield.

RB R26.R
yeh sound, ill post later in the week to confirm it.
may get distracted to the porsche garage... last time i was there they had a gen2 gt3rs. saying that looks mad this meet.

clio 172, mondeo td
ive just been reading this and i work next door to fred lawtons!! and live two mins away, on the estate they do have cameras all around i suggest with the amount of people who are saying there going if you want to park inside at fred lawtons you turn up ealry as it will fill up very quickly indeed! if anybody needs any advice how to get here let me know as i say im only two mins from there and work next door to lawtons so i can help with directions.

R26/200 Raider
Looks like there are more cars going than they can fit in. They have said it would cause major disruption in the area if any more cars turn up that are not on the list. I never thought that the numbers would reach 600 and that this would happen so I never registered my car. Looks like a plan B may be in order. Will have a think....

RB R26.R
ive 'washed' my car in the dark, probobly missed alot of dirt. 13hr shifts generally do mess up your detailing hours. simon if you want to drive to location surronds and then travel in my car into the area you can do. let me know, im also keen for a progressive drive to follow on from this.
like i mentioned im working so wont be arriving till half 2 onwards.

R26/200 Raider
Thanks for the offer hhh, I think I may take the train then bus tomorrow. Are you going to Lotherton Hall a week on Sunday for Cars In The Park? A few on MeganeSport have arranged a meet at the Tontine at 8am then a drive down via a few back roads, Northallerton, Thirsk, Knaresborough, Wetherby etc. Do you fancy it? Thanks again for the offer, would have loved a ride in a 26R.:D

RB R26.R
Thanks for the offer hhh, I think I may take the train then bus tomorrow. Are you going to Lotherton Hall a week on Sunday for Cars In The Park? A few on MeganeSport have arranged a meet at the Tontine at 8am then a drive down via a few back roads, Northallerton, Thirsk, Knaresborough, Wetherby etc. Do you fancy it? Thanks again for the offer, would have loved a ride in a 26R.:D

im working in leeds city centre, however if the drive is at 8am i will meet and drive to work with the group. :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
OK. We now have an official site for donations! Sorry about the confusions, we just wanted everybody on the same page.

http://www.justgiving.com/Connors-Day-2012

Please visit and donate. Remember, every little bit helps. We have shown what the world can do to organize a car show, now lets see what we can do with the show to help a great charity!