ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JUST ORDERED 225

Just ordered the Megane 225 today through Renault and there is a 10 week waiting list for a factory built one!!!

Bit gutted but I have got it for virtually nothing and those lovely people at Renault are sorting me out a loan car until the Megane arrives

Moose, good to hear it all worked out. Youve got a great sense of humour getting the colour LOL!

I have seen the billboards all around the place with the Inferno Megane 225 on them, I am actually starting to like them now ! Hated the ass on them before but it looks very meaty from the photos and the advert.

mark , dont forget to review it once the 225 arrives .. and some pics....

glad it worked out for ya mate.

pete

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 22 June 2004

Thought the 225 got slated for the lack of driving experience
On Motors TV they said it was a little more a GT than a medium sized hot hatch. Performance wise its a rocket, but the handling is setup a little more towards comfort than the other cars in the Renault Sport rage.

yea handling may be a bit vague but this is cliosport... wel have links to tuning companies in no time. Apex / Eibach springs, remaps for the turbo.. etc..

its a great car and it runs 18" as standard.. so 19s should fit LOL :D 19" chrome or anthracite.

cool

Quote: Originally posted by Moose1978 on 21 June 2004
....... 10 week waiting list for a factory built one!!![/........

would that be as opposed to the little garden shed where they build the rest of the range!! LOL!

Rs197r27

I picked up my 225 a week last monday, its a 3dr sporthatch in artic blue with the option of auto air cond.

Richard

Ordered the five door (due to an impending arrival) in Inferno.

Apparantly the Renault factory shuts down for a few weeks in August so thats why it is 10 weeks away. Renault are providing me with a nice little run around in the meantime so not too bad. Got a cracking deal on the 225 as well so pretty happy overall.

Cool. Saw one in blue and it was actually quite non-descript but they look really smart from the pictures..

Have fun!

-Rob

Looks nice from the front but still can not get used to the rear end...nice that you like it though, personal taste is a great thing.... :)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say, and my eye says the Clio182 looks better

Simon.

dk

911 GTS Cab

i love the look of it, pulled up alongside one the other day and it is stunning the flesh, the 182 will also look good in that colour when it is finally released!

Quote: Originally posted by Moose1978 on 22 June 2004

Ordered the five door (due to an impending arrival) in Inferno.

Apparantly the Renault factory shuts down for a few weeks in August so thats why it is 10 weeks away. Renault are providing me with a nice little run around in the meantime so not too bad. Got a cracking deal on the 225 as well so pretty happy overall.
I was hit with that wait this time last year when I ordered the 172, had to wait till mid october to get mine, hope your wait isnt as long! :cry:

Yer I cant wait! Im pretty confident they will push it through quick as I have one of their loan cars until mine arrives. Therefore, the quicker it arrives the less money it will cost them etc etc.

Had real trouble deciding on colour but decided that the Inferno was the one in the end

My old mans 182 has just arrived at the dealer today so I am sure there will be a few swaps going on ;-)

Moose - what was the deal with the 172 setting on fire? Did Reanult accept responsibility for it etc? Did you sort it via the insurance company or just Renault? What sort of discount did you get on the 225?

cheers

john