ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just ordered a Clio 200t edc.. Exciting

RS Meg F1
Well after 5 years of being out of the Renaultsport gang I've just ordered a new Clio 200 edc lux in white

I know these have had a lot of bad press but I was generally surprised to why! i thought it was great & the gearbox was awesome (on the road anyway) This will be my 4th Renaultsport my last one was a Clio 3 200 so I was abit sceptical how this new one would compare but I was impressed & it suits my needs better now as I'm abit older lol 5 door, auto ect

I've got a couple of question I hope you guys can answer

1. I test drove a lux with cup pack but unfortunately the only one close to being built was a lux only so I'm a little worried of how it will feel compared to that.. Will it feel much different without the cup pack?
2. What kind of mpg should I expect driving normal... Daily commute.. 50% A road
50% motorway?
3. I've always had RS tuning remap my RS in the past.. Will the gearbox take it?

Thanks Paul

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Hope the purchase goes well mate

But without being an ass the questions you've asked shouldn't you know the answers before you bought it?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
They're supposedly pretty good on fuel when just taking it easy, being a 1.6 it can't be any worse than the 200/197's.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Test drive a car then buy something different. That doesn't make sense to me. Couldn't you have waited for a cup model?

Mk4 200t, A4tdi
Welcome to the 200t club, not many of us about lol!
Only question I can answer with some accuracy is the fuel economy, it's not as near as good as I'd originally hoped but then again I'd done most of my driving In a diesel A4 and a 3 cylinder Yaris before this so it was always going to be an eye opener. Averaging 30-32mpg.
Another thing is the fuel gauge, when the tanks brimmed the needle stays at full for ages but once it starts dropping its like Felix Baumgartner! You lose a notch just going for a pint of milk!!
Apart from that, I effing love the thing and I'm sure you will too, good luck.

RS Meg F1
Welcome to the 200t club, not many of us about lol!
Only question I can answer with some accuracy is the fuel economy, it's not as near as good as I'd originally hoped but then again I'd done most of my driving In a diesel A4 and a 3 cylinder Yaris before this so it was always going to be an eye opener. Averaging 30-32mpg.
Another thing is the fuel gauge, when the tanks brimmed the needle stays at full for ages but once it starts dropping its like Felix Baumgartner! You lose a notch just going for a pint of milk!!
Apart from that, I effing love the thing and I'm sure you will too, good luck.

Thanks for the info mate
Yeah I was thinking around mid 30's.. Ino book figures say 47ish but most cars don't achieve book figures that do they.

Has yours got the cup pack? If not how does it handle?

Last edited:
  RS Meg F1
Just out of interest, any reason you didn't go for the Trophy?

Two reasons really.. I need a car asap & this is almost ready for delivery whereas the trophy is a 12 week wait & the deal I got on a 200 was far less than the Trophy.. If I had the time & extra pennies I'd of defo got the Trophy

RS Meg F1
Hope the purchase goes well mate

But without being an ass the questions you've asked shouldn't you know the answers before you bought it?

Possibily I should have!!
But I now the book figures & watched all the reviews made on the car... Mpg isn't a major concern or the remap either.. Just was after some extra info from owners who use it in the real world.

Mk4 200t, A4tdi
Thanks for the info mate
Yeah I was thinking around mid 30's.. Ino book figures say 47ish but most cars don't achieve book figures that do they.

Has yours got the cup pack? If not how does it handle?

No I just got the boggo pauper spec but it had to be comfortable as a daily for which it more than fits the bill. Its a very compliant ride, having not driven the Cup spec I cant really compare but the handling feels great to me. We have a lot of country roads around us and i've never felt wanting for anymore from it.
I thought I'd miss not having the Brembo's but again the standard brakes have a plenty of stopping power and feel.

Track 172 Cup
I like the look of the Trophy you will have to throw some pictures up, Did you go the Renault garage on the Hill next to the Glass Horse pub? (noticed your Avatar says St Helens)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Nice choice, love the Clio 4s and imagine the Renaultsport one would be a great car to own. Like others have said, get some pics up when you get it.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Well after 5 years of being out of the Renaultsport gang I've just ordered a new Clio 200 edc lux in white

I know these have had a lot of bad press but I was generally surprised to why! i thought it was great & the gearbox was awesome (on the road anyway) This will be my 4th Renaultsport my last one was a Clio 3 200 so I was abit sceptical how this new one would compare but I was impressed & it suits my needs better now as I'm abit older lol 5 door, auto ect

I've got a couple of question I hope you guys can answer

1. I test drove a lux with cup pack but unfortunately the only one close to being built was a lux only so I'm a little worried of how it will feel compared to that.. Will it feel much different without the cup pack?
2. What kind of mpg should I expect driving normal... Daily commute.. 50% A road
50% motorway?
3. I've always had RS tuning remap my RS in the past.. Will the gearbox take it?

Thanks Paul[/QUOTE Hi no idea what the non cup chssis is like as my cars both have it, the mpg is better than a 200 by miles and the rs tuning remap to 235 is very good with no gearbox issues and makes it great fun to drive. I would have looked for a leather seated car with the cup chassis before buying, they have one at renault croydon, it will make it easier to sell later etc.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
ATTACH]
WP_20150621_18_22_16_Pro_zpsx8mintjh.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20150621_18_22_16_Pro_zpsx8mintjh.jpg
    WP_20150621_18_22_16_Pro_zpsx8mintjh.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 48
  RS Meg F1
Thanks for the replies guys yeah I'll defo stick a few pics up.. Arnold Clark are saying it should arrive around end of month.. Gonna be a long month

RS Meg F1
I like the look of the Trophy you will have to throw some pictures up, Did you go the Renault garage on the Hill next to the Glass Horse pub? (noticed your Avatar says St Helens)

Yes Stu ordered it from there

You local to St. Helens?

Clio 200t
Welcome to the crew.

Love mine, mine isn't cup packed, I also test drove a cup packed one and couldn't notice much difference between that and mine, however will be putting coilovers on mine (it's a very capable car but the handling could be improved).

One bad thing about not having the cup pack is the nasty standard calipers, which started rusting on me, I've had them sprayed red and they look miles better.

Mpg I get around 32 but I drive fast round country roads, will do 44 on motorway.

Guy on 197.net running 240/270 with no gearbox issues and that was from rs tuning.

RS Meg F1
Welcome to the crew.

Love mine, mine isn't cup packed, I also test drove a cup packed one and couldn't notice much difference between that and mine, however will be putting coilovers on mine (it's a very capable car but the handling could be improved).

One bad thing about not having the cup pack is the nasty standard calipers, which started rusting on me, I've had them sprayed red and they look miles better.

Mpg I get around 32 but I drive fast round country roads, will do 44 on motorway.

Guy on 197.net running 240/270 with no gearbox issues and that was from rs tuning.

Thanks for the info Chris.. That's good the know.. It's not going to be tracked or anything so I thought it be good enough for my needs. The odd blast down the lanes at the most.

Bet it goes well with a remap.. I'll prob take it to RS tuning once it's got a few miles on it

Clio 200t
Thanks for the info Chris.. That's good the know.. It's not going to be tracked or anything so I thought it be good enough for my needs. The odd blast down the lanes at the most.

Bet it goes well with a remap.. I'll prob take it to RS tuning once it's got a few miles on it

Neither is mine, maybe once or twice a year if that. I just find after coming right out of a 197 that this car isn't quite as sharp in the bends, to be honest, I've been thinking about it more recently, I find myself just all round going much faster in this car, the power is much easier to achieve and you dont feel like your doing it. Perhaps thats why I'm thinking it, as the 197 you had to rag the tits off it to get the power. There is a slight amount of body roll I want to get rid of though.

Yeah I wont be remapping mine for a couple of years, when its out of warranty, will also give me a bit of a fresher on the car when I'm perhaps itching for a change.

RS Meg F1
Neither is mine, maybe once or twice a year if that. I just find after coming right out of a 197 that this car isn't quite as sharp in the bends, to be honest, I've been thinking about it more recently, I find myself just all round going much faster in this car, the power is much easier to achieve and you dont feel like your doing it. Perhaps thats why I'm thinking it, as the 197 you had to rag the tits off it to get the power. There is a slight amount of body roll I want to get rid of though.

Yeah I wont be remapping mine for a couple of years, when its out of warranty, will also give me a bit of a fresher on the car when I'm perhaps itching for a change.

Yeah I know what you mean.. I had the Clio 200 lux/cup pack & that was awesome on the bends.. That's why I'm thinking I should of waited for the cup packed one but with what a few have said on here it should be fine.

My old 200

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441568091.847727.jpg

Miss that car [emoji7]

Clio 200t
You won't be going any slower don't worry lol. It's plenty fast enough in the corners, I think it's just me! It's probably just because it doesn't feel like your going as fast (obviously not a screaming NA)

RS Meg F1
Well after abit of messing around I've changed my order & bought the demo car that's came up for sale so I can get it next week & save myself 4 grand [emoji16]
It's a black lux with cup pack

Track 172 Cup
Nice especially saving 4 grand lol I would have it detailed (paint protection) not at the dealer though a proper place, and the rest well its a holiday haha

RS Meg F1
Nice especially saving 4 grand lol I would have it detailed (paint protection) not at the dealer though a proper place, and the rest well its a holiday haha

Was thinking of doing that Stu.. Paint work is a little swirly tbh but nothing a detail will sort [emoji106]

Clio200 EDC Lux
YAY another 200T, I have the cup pack on mine so can't really comment on the difference between the two as not driven a non cup.

RS Meg F1
YAY another 200T, I have the cup pack on mine so can't really comment on the difference between the two as not driven a non cup.

It doesn't matter now mate as I've bought one with the cup pack on [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Is there many 200T owners on here? Most admit there isn't any round my area.. Think I've seen one on the road since they've been released

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
There was a white (think it was white) on a RS trackday at brands last year.

Was told it was modified but it was going well down the straights, For sure.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
WP_20150619_14_13_05_Pro_zpsdnts0rkb.jpg

no black looks best Paul :cool: this has been mapped to 235 by rs tuning and it has a trophy:blush:
WP_20150821_16_26_54_Pro_zpsdhh7ntj1.jpg