ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just put down a deposit

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
can check if it was pre reg by checking the date aquired of car of current keeper V date of reg...

S

Clio Sport 200 (09)
Check the windscreen, i bought my 09 200 about 6 months ago and it has a small crack on the windscreen, dealer replaced straight away but just something i missed, other than that looking at it and the other messages looks spot on.

IMO i don't like the yellow haha

Cheers guys, at the end of the day I only put down 100 and it was a risk so I'll walk away if it's.not right and if I lose it I lose it. No real harm done.

But from.what everyone says I think it sounds like it was pre registered and it hasn't been thrashed still on the original tyres and the brakes have just not been used head enough (that's what I am going with until Wednesday at least lol)

p.s I love the yellow :p

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
If it was pre registered then fair point. IMO 2 owners in a short time would put ME off. Why? Because when I have bought brand new cars I knew I would be keeping them for at least 3 years so would treat them with respect. If I was buying a car to keep for a year I would rag it as it would soon be someone else's problem. As said many times on this forum Renaultsports are capable cars for the price but DO need treated with respect engine, gearbox etc wise.

You make a fair point.

How often has this forum seen the boast of owners giving their cars abuse as "it's still under warranty if anything goes wrong"?

This is exactly why high owner number cars make me nervous.

Always wondered why others don't consider this a risk when buying? Is it that most owners don't plan on holding on for long so just cross fingers that it'll be ok for as long as they own it?

GT 86
When I looked at my 200 it had less miles on than that and the front tyres were in need of changing, they were just on the wear indicators, despite the dealer whining that they were not illegal which they weren't they changed them. I too felt the brakes were poor they said they would look at them. However when I collected the car I still thought they were poor, so I stripped them rear pads were crappy and virtually seized in however knowing the issues with these I bought new pads did the "trim" on them and they fitted great, front pads glazed over new pads simples , now the brakes are what I would expect. As for owners 2 wouldn't bother me in the slightest, I'm surprised why people get so hung up over it, in fact mine had 4 before I bought it that was including the pre registered dealer (all owners details supported by service paperwork/invoices), and when you take in to account the MPG of these cars a lot of people including the older lady that owned mine are shocked after a few months because the stealer that sold the car didn't tell them this and unless you know about cars the dealers make some people believe they are just buying the best car in the range, resulting in them changing it earlier. At the end of the day its a car, if its got service history and you like it buy it. if you wanted to be really anal you could look through the service history and invoices to find the previous owners details and try and contact them, bit bizarre if you ask me but I know people do it.The chap that bought my old type R from the garage where I px,d it contacted me before buying.

Last edited:
  Racing Blue 182 Cup
IMO if any car has had many owners in a short time I ask myself the question why? If its such a good car why are they selling it? That's just me everyone has their opinions these are mine.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
IMO if any car has had many owners in a short time I ask myself the question why? If its such a good car why are they selling it? That's just me everyone has their opinions these are mine.

It's the nature of some cars though. I find that convertibles big engines and high insurance cars are typical of having high numbers of owners. People buy them and insure them, then come renewal/mot time realise they made a mistake and move them on. RS turbo's back in the day used to have one owner a year. Same nowadays with the likes of focus RS etc. My mate Is one of the biggest dealers in the uk for focus RS and he gets some at two years old with 4 owners!!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I look after all of my cars properly, they never want for anything an I keep them as immaculate as possible. But I only keep them
a year and then get something else. I don't miss treat them in that year because I know I won't be the owner soon. I treat them like I'll own them forever.

Buy on condition and history, simple as that.

Racing Blue 182 Cup
Different people have different attitudes to car ownership that's just life. I still think the owners who look after their cars are in the minority.

RB182cup&golf gti
Its natural to worry about a high number of owners, but as mentioned above people get themselves into debt / fork out loads each month to own, run and insure these cars, and then get rid once the novelty wears off, hence they change hands quite frequently. Either that or the car has terminal problems :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i tend to agree with most of what is being said here, generally as dan says with some/most performance cars, people buy them then either get bored and change for something else or realise it costs so much and change it.

However with the clio 200 being the car that it is, most owners take a few years to start to get bored of them, so you usually find the ones on high owners or quick trade in's are to be avoided.

My old one for example, anyone buying a brand new car and then trading it in 9 months later either likes financial suacide or has serious issues with the car, and f**k me did i have issues with it!!!