ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just realised we have been upgraded to 20MB Broadband! Woo!!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i'm still waiting for aol to upgrade me to 2mb lol

enjoy it mate :)

Ours (Trowbridge area) is still "TBC". Although to be honest for normal web-surfing it doesn't seem to make much difference now I'm up at fairly high speeds anyway. Only online gaming and some download sites really seem to be noticeably rapid.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
iv just done a speed check and got 19.5 mb. thats fast, i live in guildford and have been upgraded

172 Cup
ADSL2+ since late 2005.

Edit - Before someone starts quoting Wikipedia at me my earlier comment was meant in jest and yes I do know all about the limitations of ADSL.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Virgin is currently testing 50mb broadband which it hopes to roll out at some point in the future. Still at an early stage though

how can you check the speed?

The best way to check your service is access your modem on 192.168.100.1

Enter 'root' for username and password and then click on 'operation configuaration'

If you're on 20mb you should see something like this;

Network Access : Enabled
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 20480000 bps
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 768000 bps
Maximum Number of CPEs : 1
Software Upgrade File Name : ntlhm120_ntl0002.cpr
Software Upgrade AdminStatus : allowProvisioningUpgrade
Software Upgrade OperStatus : completeFromProvisioning

Clio 172mk2
How do I hack my box so i get XL for L prices? lol

u make yer modem get the configuration file from yer pc rarther then virgins server, ut if they find out they`ll boot ya off

leeds has suposidly had there upgrade but mine hasnt yet

Clio 172mk2
in past , u got a letter saying u`ve broken the contract , so dissconnected

id gues theyed take yer tv box too

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
and some of us work for virgin as well :)

if you have had your contract more than 12 months give em a ring and tell em you are wanting to leave for whatever reson as I know retentions are doin XL tv for same price as L for 12 months at the moment

Last edited:
  Leon Cupra R 225
Not too shabby. I'm on 8mb Orange service at mo, runs at 7 most of the time. Going to leave and switch to Be 24mb