ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just switched to Android from iOS

Does leaving an iPhone in a dock throughout the working da knacker the battery out?

No, I doubt it. As long as it sees varied use, is run on battery quite often, and is fully discharged at least once a month, then it shouldn't suffer at all.

No, I doubt it. As long as it sees varied use, is run on battery quite often, and is fully discharged at least once a month, then it shouldn't suffer at all.

Apple are quite good with their chargers too - it automatically lets the battery decharge then charges it to limit any damage.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Revels - no offence but you seem to like baiting people about being non-Applers. Are you Steve Jobs' ghost??

lol noticed this too! pfft does it matter..?

Also switched from 4S to a Galaxy S3....

Have to be very honest...ive held on to my iphone.. incase i didnt get on with it...

ive not used my iphone in 4 weeks..and i loved it

Gotta tell you somthing...

Mito Sportiva 135
I haven't baited anyone. I like to discuss technology. People just see it as 'baiting' or being a 'fanboy' because they disagree or they're wrong. This whole thread was set up for a row, as is obvious by the the OP's second post.

I haven't even corrected all his errors. Just pointed out about the update issue.

Which you know well as you're two OS's behind.

Ha you make a valid point - not sure why it's not updating though as other people I know with the same phone on Orange have it!? Must be cursed! :)

Rav4
I bought the Google Nexus S, could not get on with ICS, yes you can do more, but everything seems to be all over the place. I am now using a Lumia 710, I prefer this to Android as it's nice and simple, functionality wise, not as good.

iOS is very good, but it all comes down to personal choice.

I think HTC have it right, with the sense layer, touchwiz or whatever it's called on samsung isn't that great. The new S3 is MASSIVE

Get yourself over to XDA Devs forum if you like tweaking , not been there for a while as just been busy .

I tried an IOs phone after running android on my original windows 6.5 phone , and hated it , strangely i hated 7 phone too despite having owned a zune for years (which is where the layout comes from)

i change my phones every 12 months and am struggling with what to switch to after 12 months with a motorola atrix , the lapdoc that turns my phone into a 12 inch laptop for web brousing etc is just to stunning to give up as i don't have to have both a phone AND a tablet (errrr apple hate that idea )

wife has a galaxy S2 , and the ONLY thing stopping me having an S3 for a year is the size being just a bit to much as the atrix is physically similar to an Iphone but with a 4" screen .

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
lol noticed this too! pfft does it matter..?

Also switched from 4S to a Galaxy S3....

Have to be very honest...ive held on to my iphone.. incase i didnt get on with it...

ive not used my iphone in 4 weeks..and i loved it

Gotta tell you somthing...

Few of my mates made switch to S3 From 4s none want to go back or prefer i Phone

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i change my phones every 12 months and am struggling with what to switch to after 12 months with a motorola atrix , the lapdoc that turns my phone into a 12 inch laptop for web brousing etc is just to stunning to give up as i don't have to have both a phone AND a tablet (errrr apple hate that idea )

You mean phone and a laptop?

And i wouldn't really say the Atrix + the lapdock are a real world alternative to a Phone and a Laptop or even a phone and a tablet.
Its a crappy, slow experience that has dated at a unbelievable pace. I dread to think what the outlay of that was new too. (you probably got it free)

Even Motorola agree, the Atrix HD isnt compatible with it.

Clio 172 cup
Does the S3 use a micro sim like the 4s??

Seriously thinking about swapping my iphone for the galaxy for a change

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Well still using my S3 (and now with added 64gb functionality)
honestly a great phone
screen is great
Battery life Is 1day with heavy usage 3/4 with minimal
I can use unapproved apps like "tubeMate"
Camera us also fantastic
SatNav app (that's free ) is very very good

Apple will have to go a long way

Well still using my S3 (and now with added 64gb functionality)
honestly a great phone
screen is great
Battery life Is 1day with heavy usage 3/4 with minimal
I can use unapproved apps like "tubeMate"
Camera us also fantastic
SatNav app (that's free ) is very very good

Apple will have to go a long way

If you thiknk the battery life is good - try a Rom called XPower, with normal use I still am on 80% after 6-8 hours.

Clio 182 FF
I'm very tempted by the S3, the only thing holding me back is the build quality seems pretty shocking. iPhone feels rock solid and the S3 is made out of cheap nasty plastic. If it was built better would of bought it by now.

Going to wait a month to see what the iPhone 5 brings if not much different then gonna get an S3.

Oh and the iPhone 4 battery life is better than the 4S even though the S has a larger battery but because of the CPU it uses more. I had my data off and using to txt occationally whilst on holiday and my 4 lasted almost 7 days!

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Just installed Xpower Rom yesterday after a dabble with Jellybean, after 12 hours im on 82% of battery remaining... Epic!

Yaris Hybrid
I went from a 3GS to an S2.

Not a single day has passed when I have not had bleeding knuckles from punching this piece of s**t in the face.

I just find it irritating and unintuitive. Mainly the keyboard. I have downloaded additional keyboards but I find they don't even come close to the one on my iphone. I am using swype most of the time but for password entry etc I just end up punching the screen.

Then I made the mistake of upgrading to ICS. Others haven't had problems but I have had none stop crashes. Weird cos I don't have many apps that could be conflicting and the apps I do have are pretty major ones that should work.

Hardware is great, just don't like the OS.

My 3GS worked flawlessly for 18 months and not once did I feel any frustration at it not doing what I wanted it to do. Had a look at the S3 and it is a nice bit of kit but I am going to wait for the iPhone 5. Got an iPad3 in the meantime and it is such a relief to use that around the house instead of the phone. Not because of the size but because it bloody well works and does exactly what I want it to do when I try to do something.