ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just want to say...

that the Clio 172 cup is faster than the 210 bhp Cooper S works. I found this out on Sunday!!! He He He!!

Must admit it did look nice though!!

Ziel Nurburgring

Or because arguments like this are done to the death.

The real questions are whether to use optimax or tesco and Exaltos or GSD3s?

I hate the Mini with a passion. Had a run-in with an S the other day and it was like taking candy from a child (well maybe not that easy)but I can imagine a Works would be damn fast.

I just cant stand them, they look ghey, the boot isnt worth opening unless you need to carry a book of stamps. And whats with the 90inch rims? :sick:

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 21 June 2005
Or because arguments like this are done to the death. The real questions are whether to use optimax or tesco and Exaltos or GSD3s?

your right also cupking were you using the special cup water in your washer bottle with the special cup air in your tires

Nippy white cup

Or because arguments like this are done to the death.

The real questions are whether to use optimax or tesco and Exaltos or GSD3s?
Lol Not sure where his argument was :confused:. There is a post on here somewhere were people are saying how they miss the good old days when you could talk about little blasts youve had with more expensive/powerful cars....

Chris

Ziel Nurburgring

lol, I was just saying this will turn into a 10 page argument as to which is better by .000000000001th of a second, not that he had an argument.

Imho, Tiff Needle isnt a bad driver.;)

Lee

BMW M2C

On the subject of the Bini Cooper S, we took my car to Oulton Park at the weekend.

4 up and it was still flying. y0z2as mate Dave had previously had a MCS and hadnt been impressed. He was so impressed with the handling and performance of the Clio, even with us lot in it, that hes looking at getting one!

McBunny, stop being so bitter that you no longer own a "hot hatch". ;)

Lee

Minis (S or otherwise) Suck balls. Speaking as someone who worked for a BMW/MINI main dealer for 6 years i think i know a little about them. ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 21 June 200510 page discussion on a discussion forum :eek: [/QUOTE]With only 1 page of original discussion then 9 pages of echos

Fair enough :)

Think the main point I was making was hes spent probably £25,000 total on this compared to £11,600 which I payed for mine.

This forum sometimes really pi**es me off!!

great i can spend less than that an beat you in every test you can think of great wooooh

the clio is a very good car and you beat a mcs well done but do we really know they were trying or anything maybe he had alot more fuel that you who knows :)

but on the other hand, maybe he didnt buy it for the performance, but mainly the name

just because you own a performance car doesnt mean youre interested in performance

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

The pose value of a works is quite high, like audi TT syndrome.

These people change gear at 2500rpm. and never go above 50mph

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 24 June 2005
I dont think anyone goes for a Works if theyre NOT interested in performance. Just a logical observation :)

you would be suprised what people buy even if they aint interested in performance

hairdresser in the village had a mallard green cossie that she goes to the shops in

there is an old bugger around that drive a delta that is about 80 !! only ever seen it pootle spotted an old woman climbing out of a 3000gto

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 24 June 2005
The pose value of a works is quite high, like audi TT syndrome.These people change gear at 2500rpm. and never go above 50mph

i change at that :( but thats because i can only rev to 4 lol

Hmmm fair comments all round really then. Still nice to know an RS Clio can mix it with a car like the MCS Works though. Its all good.

Ill just add that I think its entirely likely that the average Works driver would probably think the RS Clios are easy pickings. Always nice to educate some drivers heh? ;)

The Bmw mini certaintly looks better built than my french sh*tbox but im sure Loony can prove me wrong.

they are portable bbqs just like clios :)

i can pose in my skoda i just dont get noticed :p

but still i get people pointing and smiling or is it laughing i can never make it out over the engine note

Remapped derv Golf

Bloke at work has an 02 Mini One and its been back to the dealership over 25 times with problems!

I hear their better now though

172cup

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 24 June 2005

Ill just add that I think its entirely likely that the average Works driver would probably think the RS Clios are easy pickings. Always nice to educate some drivers heh? ;)

My thoughts exactly.

I dont see pi55 all wrong with someone coming on here stating that they have outgunned a works cooperS. I think its healthy discussion. Anyone that says otherwise is anally retentative. Whats the point of having a discussion forum if youre not allowed to say anything for fear of some mailto:tw@t">tw@t putting you down for doing so in the first place. I could have sworn that people join forums like this for a reason... a passion about cars. If talking about every aspect of a car (mainly the cliosport) doesnt appeal to you then bugger off.

I annihilated a CLK230 kompressor last night. I thrashed a S2000 on the A1M the night before. I embarrased a Punto GT driver the night before THAT! Anything wrong with talking in this manner? NO... not really.

I love noting more than some suited oink in his company bmw/merc etc look at you like "yeah right... your in a fookin clio for god sake"... and then try to race past you. Only to find you (in a fookin clio) overtake HIM at great pace, and leave im crying somewhere back there.

rant over

actually ive only ever had to cars paste me in a straight line one was a STI PPP 300hp obviously quicker and a mini cooper s works. i was in my MK2 172 and i absolutley gunned it and it sat behind all the way maybe it was tuned even further ? who know with turbo/supercharged cars what their running and how they output at different temps also. at least with N/A cars you usually know where you are with them

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 24 June 2005actually ive only ever had to cars paste me in a straight line one was a STI PPP 300hp obviously quicker and a mini cooper s works. i was in my MK2 172 and i absolutley gunned it and it sat behind all the way maybe it was tuned even further ? who know with turbo/supercharged cars what their running and how they output at different temps also. at least with N/A cars you usually know where you are with them

Im not going to get into the whole Cup thing here, but compared to the 172Cup against the MCSW (in this thread), youd have effectively being carrying an adult male in your passenger seat.

Also, if your roles had been reversed and you were behind the Mini, you would have been perfectly justifed coming on here with tales of how you kept up with a Works. You are saying he stuck with you, but he was probably gutted he couldnt get past.