ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

jvc rd-421, wont let me use iphone4, also a SUB question

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
ive tried looking on google, just takes me to halfords :(

basically ive got this headunit, has a usb slot, but it wont read my ip4, it says its compatible in the book too, my ipod connects fine

it works in the aux slot but thats rather, no good haha, i like my phone to be charging too, and aux doesnt...

also ive brought some car door speakers and a subwoofer to clear up the sound in my car, is there a guide to connect these i thought it would be simple..

any help appreciated :)

PH2 RS172
do you mean kdr421? if so then it needs to denote that it is compatible with iphone as well as ipod usually. with the sub... take a feed direct from the battery with a fuse mounted as close to the battery as possible... a remote connection from the blue wire off the back of the jvc to turn the amp on...and your rca cables for sound.. and earth it with as short a lead as possible to a bare metal surface in the boot. probably worth running the rca cable down the opposite side of the car to the power cable to avoid static although you shouldnt pick up much noise from it using just a sub :)

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
it is the kdr yes :eek:

it does say in the user manual it is compatible just wont play :s

shyte that sounds a bit hard for me haha, and i have a few things not just sub :) mini tweeters, new door speakers all around so it should sort me out a bit :)

PH2 RS172
ahh... then no it wont work as the usb slot must be for flash media only. i would use the original cables in the door tbh. the original speaker cables are good for 3-5 amp so youll have no worries using them with upgraded speakers. you can always go ofc cable etc but depends how much of a job you want to do. not a lot of sound difference unless youre dynamatting, big amps, etc going the whole hog.

Clio 182
some jvc and kenwood state compatible, but that is only with leads supplied by them, they look the same as a standard cable but must have some form of different configuration, we had to get a kenwood one for a customer - at a cost of £30iirc, probs cheaper online though -check for small print n see if it states if its their 'own' lead

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
totally missed notifications on this post, its a usb cable i need to work and my ipod plays fine so i shouldnt need another lead should i?

Clio 182
since i have nothing better to do i looked further into this for you, the 421 is not compatible with ipod (i remember something like this when i used to sell them - as i was honest in telling people :p), the instruction manual section that states about ipod compatible models under the title for the page that the ipod stuff is only related to the 521 model.

the manual covers models -KD-R521/KD-R422/KD-R421/KD-R45, so covers functions for all the units, but a load of '*'s and small text states which model each feature applies too.

sorry for being the bearer of bad news - and the laziness of using paint instead of photoshop

jvc_ipod.jpg

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
Thanks for researching! I don't understand though as my iPod works but the IP4 won't charge haha

i can still play music from it but from aux slot only