ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JVC Speakers

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
I bought a set of 10cm JVC speakers to go with my headunit. When i took off the renault ones to replace witht he JVC ones i found that they don't just clip in. They need wired up to an amp, is there any way i could join the jvc wire to the the original wiring to avoid buying an amp? :)
Thanks

J

jamesy

the original speaker wires will just connect to the new speaker have you got a block connector on the end of the wire?

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
No its just 2 wires, one one end plugs into the new speakers, then you have plan wire on the other end, which i guess you would have to split then wire onto the older wire?
I haven't done it before, so i dont want to mess it up

J

jamesy

you should just be able to take the oem wires attach two spade connectors to them then connect them to the speakers providing they have spade terminals on them;)

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
The new wire has spade terminals to connect to the + and - on the speakers, so i connect the other end of the new wire to the old oem wire.. or will i just cut the block connector from the oem wires and put spade terminals on that?. There are also four wires, are the other 2 for tweeters?

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
Thanks, wheres the cheapest place to get spade connectors, block connectors etc.

And do you know which wires i should connect to, or is it just trial and error?

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
Just checked them jamesy, the wire i have is pre stripped and ready to connect to the speakers. To save trouble can i not just chop my new wire and splce into the existing oem wire? then put a connector between the two?

J

jamesy

not s**t but deteriated although running oem wire from unit to speakers you can not exactly expect ultimate SQ

Mk2 Golf GTI
Yes just cut the renault connector off (keep it for a later date though) and either solder the wires straight to the speaker connections or buy some terminals that fit the connections on the speakers and crimp them on.

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
spirez said:
Yes just cut the renault connector off (keep it for a later date though) and either solder the wires straight to the speaker connections or buy some terminals that fit the connections on the speakers and crimp them on.

Cheers boss :D