ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K&N 57-0426

1.5dci

I know not everyone is keen on K & N filters, but i might be able to get this one cheap.....

Checked the K&N website, but its got conflicting info. The vehicle applications says it fits on a 2004 182, but the installation sheet refers to a 172??

Also it doesnt appear to have a heat shield.

:confused:

Andy

Skoda Fabia vRS

well unless its a generation II kit then it wont have a heat shield, none of them do

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

It could be free, there is no point in fitting it unless you wish to lose power and sound like a plonker.

1.5dci

Quote: Originally posted by rmccardal on 24 July 2005

It could be free, there is no point in fitting it unless you wish to lose power and sound like a plonker.
I guess your not too keen on them then :cool:

E91 M Sport

Dont be blinkered, you know K&Ns make one of the best noises and with a well designed heat-shield, are one of the best IKs around. There can be more than one ;)

1.5dci

Quote: Originally posted by miketheman2k on 24 July 2005

Dont be blinkered, you know K&Ns make one of the best noises and with a well designed heat-shield, are one of the best IKs around. There can be more than one ;)

So someone does like them then :)

182 Full Fat

I like them, I dont honestly notice any loss in power except on very hot days, it seems a little more sluggish,but Im keen to fit some sort of temparature guage under the bonnet to see the heat change, and maybe make some sort of heat shield. All experimental for now!!

Love the noise too!!

for the fun of it: so what panel filter is better than k&n? and why? (i really wouldnt like to change mine, but id like to know)