ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K&N 57i Gen 2 Induction kit

Liquid R27 067/500
Has anyone fitted one of these kits to thier 182?? Or would i be better witha viper?

Just wondered what like they were?

Cheers,
JoBo

wrx sti ppp (305bhp)
me too, im thinking of getting one, ive got a cheapo universal one on just for the awsome sound they make, was only 26 quid, cant really feel any power loss atall

Fiesta ST
My bro has had this fitted to his old 1.8 focus and now his new one. There was a marked improvement on the RR day with his first car (he had that IK and just a cat-back exhaust nothing else) and saw +8bhp! Quite a gain, better than a kick in the teeth. Good noise too.

So I'm a fan of the Gen2 kits, better than the std. 57i's and the likes, no idea how they perform on 182's though. :)

EDIT:

Found a nice pic of it in the engine bay... it's quite large in real life,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/j_firegod/DSCF0612.jpg

Last edited:
  Vectra :(
About the same as a viper m8, bit cheaper maybe. Not sure if its worth it as not seen any tests on the with a 172 engine. Maybe you could get it RR before and after?? :)

Either way let us all know what you think of them if you get one

looking for 172 cup
gregwilliams333 said:
gonna order a K&N 57i Gen 2 Induction kit costin me 200 quid is it worth the money

look on e bay mate im sure i seen then for £160 :cool:

Clio 172 mk2
£200 seems steep for an induction kit.

Looks better than the normal 57i kit though and will stay cooler if you can get the ducting set up right.

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
i went to motech and asked for a 57i as they dont do gen 2 for 1.416v, it turns out they had the gen 2 in the wrong box and i got mine for £95 brand new! took a bit of fitting but sounds the nuts!

Clio 172 mk2
It has a box around the cone which is open at the top (think it's sealed up by the bonnet) and has a cold air feed coming in from underneath.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ Buy a maxogen Neil. You knows it the only one worth having.

"Sell your kidney tho!"

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I was going to buy a K&N gen II just because it was bout £50 cheaper than a viper...

but then i found a place that sells vipers for £180 so i went for one of them.

Personally i think the Viper looks better :)

Im now selling my viper and getting one of these because i cannot fit the cold air feed pipe to it and its not that good tbh. With this one I can locate a cold air feed to it ,and there is no hot air getting to the filter with the heatshield K&N provide with the kit.

Anyone interested in my viper, PM me!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Tbh i'm not sure that the Gen 2 are that good . It still has the top open to the heat , it would be better if it was fully enclosed .

Heres a bit of a prototype i've made using a k+n cone filter and a homemade fully enclosed heat shield . It uses both the oe cold air feeds , has a nice throaty roar when you floor it and pulls just as good as the panel filter , definitely no loss of power at all speeds , even when i've been in slow moving traffic.

It needs another end cap making for 90 elbow end then it will be fully enclosed , haven't had time yet .Just a few pics so you get the idea .

KN4aSmall.jpg

KN5aSmall.jpg

KN3aMedium.jpg

KN1aSmall.jpg

Renault Clio mk2 RSi 16v
ive got a k&n gen 2 on my rsi and its mental !!! i notice when i put my on a little gain and the power kick if you want to call it that around 4000 revs which i didnt notice before . i try and post a video up later .
as for the viper , stay will away from them ! in my area they are re-calling them as the foam inside the filter is braking up and getting sucked into the engine !

182 Full Fat
Thats great MrBillyUK. Nice custome mod. Have you noticed improved performance on Hot days, or mainly just the cooler ones? Surely must aid some of the heat soak!??

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
nelson182 said:
Thats great MrBillyUK. Nice custome mod. Have you noticed improved performance on Hot days, or mainly just the cooler ones? Surely must aid some of the heat soak!??

I've had it on a couple of weeks now in various guises , so the weathers been pretty hot and its definitely no worse than the standard air box and panel filter , still pulls as hard .Plus the k+n cone filter has a slightly larger surface area than the panel filter , don't know if this makes a difference or not !

I'll wait 'til the weekend to finish it . Might try with 2 larger diameter air feeds or possibly 3 if i get the time to make another .

182 Full Fat
I've done a similar thing See here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=152583

Have now also added a heat shield which I must get a pic of. On Hot days there is still the heat soak problem (although even a panel filter would still suffer) But on cooler days there is defo a feel of improved pick up around the 2500rpm mark, plus now with no acoustic valve it seems louder!!

hi guys i have a gen 2 on mine i got it for a bargain price on ebay 65 delivered and it is in mint condition so keep an eye out on there for them anyway the kit looks great and is well put together it fitted very well and sounds the nuts it really does have noticed no drop in performance and when on a cooler day they car revs much more freely!! i am going to improve the set up with an extra heat shield and improved caf so i cant wait really!!!