ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K&N 57i problems

AG 200 CUP
When i start the car the engine seems to choke and almost splutter it takes a good 10 seconds or so for it to get to normal. I have only had the kit for a year and it's just started doing this i also just cleaned the filter it to make sure it wasn't because of dirt. I also get a strong smell of petrol in the car?? starting to think i'm going to have to putthe old airbox back in :( any advice would be great

AG 200 CUP
Got told by a friend it was because of the filter if it may be something else i guess it could be a trip to the garage :(

AG 200 CUP
I think I will get it in the garage it's got 24k and not had a service so might get it serviced too

Might get it serviced?

Oh don't bother, not like it's part of essential maintenance or anything, just do another 24k on the same oil, see what happens.

Clio 197
Have you checked the exhaust for leaks , as said above about the plugs at least check those too visually , they may be past their best. Check all the free and easy things first before you chuck money at it

A SHED!
check the idle control valve? take a spark plug out and check the condition of it. might give you a clue.

AG 200 CUP
Oh sorry I WILL it serviced been strapped for cash until lately. Cheers for the advice I will ask my friend who is a mechanic to give it the once over as I'm no expert :)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Oh sorry I WILL it serviced been strapped for cash until lately. Cheers for the advice I will ask my friend who is a mechanic to give it the once over as I'm no expert :)

A service will do that the world of good. If you cant afford to get it serviced at a garage, an oil and filter change at home wont cost much. You wont get a service history, but keep the reciepts and its something. Car needs to. Be properly maintained! Bar a house, probably the most expensive things people own are cars..