ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K & N Air Filter?

2001 Clio 1.2
I bought myself a K & N Panel Air Filter specifically for my Clio (just a replacement filter, not the whole intake kit as it wasn't too expensive) hoping for a nice louder noise to my car. Once fitted and revving to test, the noise of the car did sound rougher and slightly louder, and was a improvement on the standard slightly annoying high pitched noise (there's a blow on the front engine joint, meaning to have it looked at but have't been bothered) bt not quite the result i was looking for, I was somewhat hoping for it to be louder. My mate however on his Mitsubishi Colt installed a Universal Ripspeed Filter on his engine, which sounds very loud indeed much louder then mine with the K & N filter in.

So my main question is what could i buy to make my car sound better/louder? what exhausts? or would the intake kit been a better option?

Thanks.

If it's a 1.2, just stick an open cone induction kit on it, it'll have a nice deep roar then. Will lose a little power but who cares when it's already slow.

Don't put an exhaust on it, you just look like an idiot with a loud exhaust on a 1.2, speaking from experience.

2001 Clio 1.2
I see, but if i was to buy an open cone filter, any recommendations? The only cone ones i have seen in halfords are the ripspeed ones?
Also are they more difficult to install, do they come with more components or are they just as easy to fit as the panel ones? Cheers.

2001 Clio 1.2
Okay thanks Jack and i'll will look into the open cone filters, anyone here suggest a good open cone filter, which will last and produce a nice loud roar for my little clio? :)

Cold air feed is a tube coming out the airbox, and iirc on Clio's disappears somewhere behind the passenger side headlight in the engine bay.
It draws in air to the airbox from a source of cold air. This is then filtered through the filter and drawn into the engine.

2001 Clio 1.2
Oh right, i think i know what you mean James cheers, but i think ill go ahead and buy an induction kit, like the one linked above. Thanks for the help guys, if anybody knows from experience a good kit to purchase please let me know, or is selling/knows someone who is selling one again let me know ta chaps. :)