ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K&N Filter Opinions Please

Clio Dynamic S 2.0VVT
I don't want a full induction kit, but I was wondering about changing the standard panel filter for a K&N.

Has anyone noticed any improvement in performance/fuel consumption by just changing the panel filter please?

The filter in my Dynamic S 2.0 VVT is the same as on the 1.4 and 1.6 engines but with the engine being bigger I guess more air will pass through the filter so any reduction in resistance to air flow should improve power?

Mk1 Maxim Sport
might make a tiny bit of difference in performance but doubt it tbh. And id assume the petrol wont be much difference either as even though its a performance filter the same amount of air is going into the airbox. Not sure though.

Fiesta, Asta, Clio
with a panel filter your getting limited but clean air because of the standard filter box giving you little performance,

the induction kit removes the 'limited' filter box and all pipes giving it a whole lot more air into the filter (filter is naked) for performance.

now imagaine a induction kit with a box over it, your limiting the air going through the filter.

do you understand

Clio 172 mk2
Not 'limiting' the air though with the std airbox, the engine can get enough cool air it needs

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
without the box you will be sucking in hot air - thats why i took my IK off and replaced it with a panel