ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K&N panel filter, Induction kit or standard air box

Clio
Which one will give me the most power?

I have heard that the K&N induction kit reduces the power of the car? is this true?

would i be better replacing my induction kit with a K&N panel filter? or going back to standard?

ur megane r26
alot of people will say go bk to standard air box and get a panel filter, but i have had that and feel like i need a little bit more so am going to try the pipercross ik wit caf

Shed.
Pannel filter is ok and will give you a little edge, youll notice it pull to 80 mph and then struggle, unlike the std one which pulls to about 60 and then just stops lol.

i had a K&N in ym old 1.2 16v and it does make a difference.

IK's not sure about. i had a K&N cone at one point, a caf pipe and it had no sheld or anything lol. if im honest it make a fair bit of difference, power down at low revs was piss poor but up in the revs it was a little better.

i hear the vipers are quite good.

personally, for the sake of the fact your car is a 1.2 and itl always be s**t slow, get a pannel filter. no noise and a little extra power.