ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k tec carbon bonnet

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
i have one for my old mk2 which my boyfriend now owns as i got a brand new mk4 clio, the finish is amazin on it, allow mine was the proto type so the underside has some imprefections. the fit is good, although it never came with bonnet clip etc so i had to get them off the old one, and it sites slightly off the lights, but this may be to do with a crash i had which led to me needing the carbon bonnet, to replace the shattered one. hope that helps

i have one on my hybrid, the fit was herroundous the vent didnt fit in properly and it has a dip init near the windscreen, the carbon sheeting is distorted all over in random places. despite all of that i love it, and because of the problems i had it means you dont have to have the same problems, you need to cut the lip off the top edge of the bonnet and try washers on teh fixing points.

any photos midge please. also yours was from k-tec and you think they have ironed out these problems now. cheers for the reply

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
susanamck said:
i have one for my old mk2 which my boyfriend now owns as i got a brand new mk4 clio, the finish is amazin on it, allow mine was the proto type so the underside has some imprefections. the fit is good, although it never came with bonnet clip etc so i had to get them off the old one, and it sites slightly off the lights, but this may be to do with a crash i had which led to me needing the carbon bonnet, to replace the shattered one. hope that helps

mk4 clio eh? ;)

i dont think they will have ironed out the problems as most people will probably just live with it the following is pasted from another forum i visit, it doesnt show the bracket i had to make to fit the vent (i didnt want mesh)

ok havnt updated this in a while as there hasnt been much progress, a couple of you will know i was having problems regarding the ill fit of my bonnet, ive fixed this now, the following is a quoate from my cliosport thread regarding the bonnet -

ok its still not 100% perfect but its 100% better than it was and im sure with more fiddling of the brackets i could get it fine, i dont think anyone will notice it now though.

this was the problem -
newbonnet001.gif

the lip that you can just about see curving off to the left isnt ment to be there, on the standard bonnet there is no lip, this ment the bonnet couldnt drop enough to allow it to line up, out came the steak knife and sand paper and after stabbing myself a numerous amount of times we got to this -

newbonnet002.gif

it now clears it nad sits pretty much flush against the wings as it should do.

newbonnet005.jpg

newbonnet006.gif

320d
The fit puts me off buying one as i'm a perfectionist

The gap between the bottom of the bonnet line and the top of the headlights looks huge midge... is the bonnet fastened shut on the second to last pic?

i dont think it was (or if it was it still had all the washers init), tbh the fit was pathetic, mine fits pretty much spot on now though, but if i could go back i wouldnt have bought it, i would have got the fibreglass skin.