ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec exhaust systems any good?

330Ci Sport Convertible
Got a big exhaust on the Clio172 and it is to noisy for the wifes liking. It does make a horrible droning noise from 2k upwards!

After something a bit quieter and had a listen to a K-Tec on Youtube. Are they any good and would they fit a ph1-172?

Thanks
RBR4

definitely agree. got a Phase 1 172 with the KTEC Stealth Mk2 system, throaty when you floor it but pretty much as quiet as before when taking it easy!

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
I have the recessed and it's nice and quiet in the car, with a nice subtle note outside. Putting the foot down unleashes it a bit but you'd have to have your window open to really notice.

Monaco 172
I have the recessed and it's nice and quiet in the car, with a nice subtle note outside. Putting the foot down unleashes it a bit but you'd have to have your window open to really notice.

pretty much spot ont there, miens the same.....well was until i put a decat on it. sounds great now when booting it but same as normal when just driving along.

Flame Red 172
Another thumbs up from me, i didnt want a loud exhaust at all but didnt want to pay £800 to Renault for a new one. Its not overly loud ever, when flooring it or anything, when just driving normally its just as quiet as standard, you wont be dissapointed.

Monaco 172
video as promised...

th_20082008027.jpg

Black 172 ph2
Im very confused!

There seems to be very mixed opinoins on this exhaust. Some people are saying its really quiet (like standard) others are saying its really loud even with no de-cat.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
It's probably a great exhaust but it doesn't look symetrical from the back, which to me looks odd?

I guess it's personal taste :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive got the k-tec recessed with decat and 182 manifold, sounds awesome when going for it, real nice sporty tone.

when croozing at 70mph on the motorway you dont hear it though! sounds standard