ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec "OEM" engine mounts

Hi. I would like to share my experience with k-tec replacement parts quality, engine mounts in particular, might be useful for those who consider ordering them.

Lower gearbox mount ( http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n393/Dannyd2134/P16-06-09_1510.jpg ) -
On the first one I got the stud broke as I tightened the buttom nut with a simple and short hand ratchet.
0e3f3475-76c7-49db-99a5-e2f3f5a18c87.jpg
I had to pay to get another one. The new one was different in design, even the overall shape , and didn't fit correctly. I couldn't align the little circle at the top, otherwise the buttom stud wouldn't go in it's place. Not sure if it matters though.

Upper gearbox mount (under the battery) -
I got mine in august 2015. 4 months later, Exhaust manifold started to bang on lower gears as if my dogbone mount was bad, so I loosened all the mounts, pulled the engine all the way forward with a jack and re tightened everything - still knocks on low gears. Took the battery out to inspect the mount - and it was done, photos included. A new mount fixed that.
image (1).jpg image.jpg

Upper engine mount -
Although all the mounts are new, I'm getting very substantial vibrations compared to other cars. Today I got my car back from a garage, and the mechanic told me the upper engine mount quality is very poor and should be replaced. I didn't even ask him to look at the mount and I didn't complain about vibrations. His experience is at least 25 years with Renault and Nissan cars.

Prices are pretty much the same as actual OEM parts, but you get them from various non-OEM suppliers.

182 Trophy
This is interesting feedback @Clio17271 on what must presumably be popular products.
I recently purchased both upper and lower gearbox mounts from KTR, so am concerned ahead of fitting. The lower item is by FEBI, which is a brand I've trusted in the past. However, the upper mount is 'unbranded' but does have the OE part number moulded onto it.
Based on your experience, I may give the lower FEBI item a go but also match it to a FEBI upper item.