ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec sports-cat

i just fitted this to my 172 its a mk1 with 2 sensors but the emissions light came on straight away, anybody know why and does this mean it wont pass a cat or emissions test

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

dont know mate but did u notice any difference in the car after fitting it performance wise? i fitted one on my old clio 16v and didnt notice a thing, apart from a lighter wallet

The mk1 only has 1 sensor IIRC something isnt right there!! The mk2 has 2 sensors, this will sound daft, but have you blocked up the other hole???

The mk1 has the sensor before the CAT, but the mk2 has an additional sensor after the CAT i think, cant remember exactly

(FRED on Roamers computer)

This is actually roamer :)

Ok, so your mk1 172 is one of the ones with 2 lambda sensors..... ok

and you have bought the sports cat, NOT the 172 de-cat pipe yes?

well if that is correct then 1st thing monday ring David, because it should go on without a problem and as far as I know there should be no trouble at all.

its a late mk1 with 2 sensors i havent had chance to use the car yet but ill let you know later in the week if its made any difference.If the emissions light is on i might as well have just fitted the de cat though

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Kevins172 on 20 December 2003

i just fitted this to my 172 its a mk1 with 2 sensors but the emissions light came on straight away,
But the mk1 172 only has one lambda sensor?! :confused:

Is this a pukka UK car or a euro import???

What age is the car?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

recheck the oxygen sensor connectors there might be a bad connection since they were plugged on and off.if the light come on straight away then its most likely a connection fault.the ecu wont have had enough time to self test the cat yet.

Mk1 only has one sensor (at least I never seen a mk1 with two) I have one of the latest mk1´s and of course I have the Rsport sportscat also used on Cliocup racers. Stock there are two single cats and the sensor is located before the cats. The cat I have now is a single stainless one looks just like a muffler. The lights which came on could be a wrongly mounted sensor. Did you tighten the thing and maybe use a new one and see if the sensor is still ok.

Good luck...