ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec

Just wanted to post a big recommendation to K-Tec Racing in Bournemouth. Im sure most of you have heard of them before but for n00bs, if you want your Clio sorted give them a bell.

Big thumbs up to David and the guys for a top job on my K8 system, silenced de-cat and fixing my alternator when I couldnt start the b*stard car to get it on the ramps! Only one word of advice for anyone planning a trip to the workshop, get there early and get your McMuffin order in or youll go hungry! :D

----====Monkey45====----

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Yep, big thumbs up!! the best money i EVER spent went to them guys.. my quickshift, exhaust, side reapeaters.. SUPERB!

not a clue mate! i even drove out there, kept going around in circules lol! i hate driving around in bournemouth

my excuse was it was dark :oops:

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer

yeah i had to ask aswell! found it eventually!

Was a nice evo sitting in the workshop aswell!

Funny i thought they tuned renaults!

lol

few im not the only to be clueless about it.

i past sainburys, heading towards A31, is it before sainburys? or after and then turn left onto A31?

yea i followed map to get there, then when i got close i got lost :oops:

saw it signposted 3 times! all in different frigging directions :(

im know im close just getting the entrance! :oops:

I wanted to drive down there to get my exhaust fitted but the pplz who are doing the repairs on my car said they can do it at the same time if i order it from k-tec and seeing as i live in reading i thought i might as well get them to do it to save me the drive!!

To be honest Ive read so many stories on here about garages and third parties not being able to get these systems to fit properly it would be more beneficial to get K-Tec to do it for you. That way you can guarantee that it will be fitted to the highest standards and if you get any grief with it you can pop in and get them to sort out for you. Would take you about an hour and a half to get there - would be worth it.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

its easy to get to, head in to ferndown, go through the town centre, has a sh*tty motorworld in it, carry on going untill u see a big church and u go right there (i think) then you carry on going straight up a road few houses, and u come to some traffic lights, take a left there, and keep going, then you get to anouther set and go right in to ferndown industrial estate, go right through the estate untill you come to near the end, and you will see a little cluster of units on the left hand side with an in and out route, go in the in, right up to the end follow round to the left and k tec is about 150 yrds on ya left :D will norm see a few skips around, and the EVO is daves lol, funny that ren tuner driving jap...

RB 197 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 05 May 2004

I wanted to drive down there to get my exhaust fitted but the pplz who are doing the repairs on my car said they can do it at the same time if i order it from k-tec and seeing as i live in reading i thought i might as well get them to do it to save me the drive!!
to be honest mate i would go down to ktec to get it fitted. u saw what it was like after they fitted mine. who ever ur getting to fit it they my not do it exactly right. just look at bradleys as well.

Quote: Originally posted by Seymours clio on 05 May 2004
Quote: Originally posted by connor on 05 May 2004I wanted to drive down there to get my exhaust fitted but the pplz who are doing the repairs on my car said they can do it at the same time if i order it from k-tec and seeing as i live in reading i thought i might as well get them to do it to save me the drive!![/QUOTE]to be honest mate i would go down to ktec to get it fitted. u saw what it was like after they fitted mine. who ever ur getting to fit it they my not do it exactly right. just look at bradleys as well.

Quote: To be honest Ive read so many stories on here about garages and third parties not being able to get these systems to fit properly it would be more beneficial to get K-Tec to do it for you. That way you can guarantee that it will be fitted to the highest standards and if you get any grief with it you can pop in and get them to sort out for you. Would take you about an hour and a half to get there - would be worth it.

hmmm, But they are a professional body repairers... servicing... exhaust fitters etc etc so i dont think there should be aproblem? The place that are doing all the repairs on my car are guarenteeing all the repair work so they will guarentee the exhaust work to? and they only live 2 miles away so i can pop in at any time if theres any problems, where as k-tec ive gotta drive an hour n a half just to sort out a small problem should it arise,

i could just phone up david and ask him if theres anything they should know when they are fitting this. i mean an aftermaket exhaust is an aftermarket exhaust aint it? i would love to drive down to ktec n get them to do it but if i can be done all at the same time it will save time n money.

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 06 May 2004

hmmm, But they are a professional body repairers... servicing... exhaust fitters etc etc so i dont think there should be aproblem? The place that are doing all the repairs on my car are guarenteeing all the repair work so they will guarentee the exhaust work to? and they only live 2 miles away so i can pop in at any time if theres any problems, where as k-tec ive gotta drive an hour n a half just to sort out a small problem should it arise,

i could just phone up david and ask him if theres anything they should know when they are fitting this. i mean an aftermaket exhaust is an aftermarket exhaust aint it? i would love to drive down to ktec n get them to do it but if i can be done all at the same time it will save time n money.
Give him a call and see what he says, but the amount of banging, twisting, spot welding and to see the choice of pipes, silencers, back boxes and de-cats made it well worth my 2 hour drive in the torrential rain Tuesday morning! No to mention the chance to peek at their turbo 172 with carbon bonnet and Davids V6!

Youre right, it is just an exhaust but David is a perfectionist and wouldnt lower the ramp until the tailpipe was spot on central to the cut-out in the bumper. They will also give your car a once over and advise anything else that might need doing *hangs head in shame at dodgy steering column and incorrect brake bias :oops:*