ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M-K4J?Difference?

VSO

Renault Clio 1.4 16V
Anybody knows the difference beetween the 2 engines,the K4J and the K4M.One is 1400cc 16V engine(K4J) and the other one is 1600 cc 16V(K4M).I know the ccs are different.But is it possible to do some changes to K4J and make it a K4M?

Chelsea tractor
Crankshaft and bottom end apparently. The only difference is the the K4M has a larger stroke...

The engine much the same just swop the botom ends.

O and remap the ECU.

The actual different bits are the block and the pistons but its not worth just trying to chnage them a bottom end swops easier.

Its not cheap though when you add it up

Say bottom end £300
Then new cambelt etc £100
New gearbox/engine fluids £60 (good ones)
New clutch (worth changing regrdless) £80
Fitment Err depends on rates and your stills etc.
Remap ECU for the 1.6 you cannot just use the ECU (unless you swop ECU/UCH and then you'd be lieft with the programming potential issues) SO thats £300ish.
Air con if applicable fitting

£840 ish your looking at for 10hp not including fitment

172/182 transplant is the only realy good value transplant but that not cheap.

this is a REALLY old topic, but i was just looking for this, has someone already made it? someone told me it was just matter of changing the crankshaft, rods and pistons or so... that it was just different stroke.