ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K850 Update !

Skoda Fabia vRS
tried the update, and it usually says nothing available

this time its installing something !

try yours

Skoda Fabia vRS
now running 1200-4398 / R1CA037 / 071012

which i musnt have been running before or else it wouldnt have updated, tried 4 times since i got the phone

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
That firmware has no real bug fixes, the next update in jan is the biggy.

037 has been available from week1 of release.

Skoda Fabia vRS
well it wouldnt go on mine mate, tried a few times to update and it always said i was running the latest one, only when ive tried tonight has it done anything

Skoda Fabia vRS
"R1CA037
- Released to SE Service Centres around 25/10/07
- Released on SEUS starting 3/12/07 (Nordic)"

wasnt on the update service until 3/12 it says, so some people may still not have it, like i didnt

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its not a problem, the update is easy to perform yourself.

And the process wont lose your data.

S2 106 GTI
just looked and i'm running R1CA029, how do you go about uploading the new softwear?? have downloaded file, and got to the part where it say's turn your phone off and hold the 'C' button etc...... nothing happened

Skoda Fabia vRS
do EXACTLY as it says

your phone should be off, take the battery out for a second or 2 then put it back in, then, hold C, then connect the USB lead still holding C until it tells you to let go

I haven't got on yet lol, I read some of the problems peeps on here were having so i've held off. I think I will get one though & just do the update myself :)

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
just for som phone noob, it could tell you you are on the lasters firm ware however that is because oyu have a branded unit running network tampered firmware, you need to wait for them to tamper with the new firmware before you can update, and the only way you can run the latest when it s the latest is yo flash you phones with sony ericsson generic software, this makes the phone what it should be withought he orange/vodaphone or t-mobile, logos and disabled setting etc. i debrand any SE i get they are usually abit more stable than the branded ones.

Vecta 2.2i SRI 55
when i took mine into phones4u cos is kept on freezing the store manager just went onto menu then settings then while on general go down to Update Service and then search for update and connect to internet she said its a free but i dought the internet connection it free but then its just went onto a weird screen for about 10-20 mins n u cant use your phone and it justs resets its self and its been fine since

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Enjoy your bill next month.

Update service is not "free" unless you have a data bundle.

Its about 10-20mb.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
New update now ready on update service (well from the 21st but i missed it)

R1DA038

Does this improve the signal and stop it crashing all the time?

as the signal keeps dropping off ours, and then when on camera mode - it hangs a lot, also says there are no files on the memory card?

/y0z

R56 JCW
Tom ive jst tryed doing an update, and it says im all upto date, but looked at the software version and im still on 1200-4398 R1CA037 071012

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No idea, the FW gets approved then distributed ive no idea who gives out these orders

DC5
My current version is 1200-4400 R1CA037 071012, should I be able to update this? When I try via the phone is says it is unable to download an update. Is this because no update is available or it is just not letting me? Is it worth trying it via the website?

306 TD Slut
they need to fix the fact that they have timed the flash wrong with the shutter.

How can you check what firmware you have on your phone?

LOL

you have to click the pic of the phone mate

wasnt one, its the sreen where theres just a loading bar and a warning not to remove the phone. got bored after an hour, removed it, retried and was all ver in 5 mins. Fone updated and now working. YAY :D

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Just done this with my phone, on orange.

Current software version:

1200-4398
R1CA037

:S