ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keep spending money on the 1.2

Just after people's thoughts on the above really! I've spent a fair bit on my 1.2 so far - main stuff includes 172 bumper, side strips painted, 182 wheels etc, however the car has been keyed down the passenger side and the front bumper needs repainting and dents from bonnet need removing. I've been quoted £500 for this.

The car is being lowered on coilovers and having OZ superlegerra wheels as I already have these.

But I'm just thinking, what's the point? I'm getting a 182 next year when I'm 19 for definite - will I see the £500 back on my or even close? I see full reps in mint condition for less than 2K

What you guys think? Stop spending and save? Or could I get my money back with the 1.2?

Renault Clio 172
If you are going to change your car for sure, keep the money in your pocket and spend in a good mod in the next car.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Imo, although a key down one side of my car would piss me right off, if you intend on getting a 182 next year anyway I would keep the £500 and put it towards your 182.

From the modifications you've listed above you could probably transfer them to your 182 anyway so you would't loose your money on them. :)