ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kenwood H/U

172 Exclusive #114
Right, I'm looking at the Kenwood ?534U Series of H/Us - probably the 6534U or the 7534U. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of these two.

Just FYI, I'm wanting USB, Bluetooth, Stalk Control, if anyone else has suggestions - I'm open!

Cheers people!

172 Exclusive #114
Cheers mate!

I've always had Kenwood Units in the past, but I've been a bit out of touch for a little while. Just wanted thoughts on what they're like in real world use. Easy to use? How's the Bluetooth? How is MP3 playback from USB, you know the kinda thing...

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
ive had a few kennys and stuck with them due to the hype and the fack there one of the big names... i've since had a bash at a few different makes and i think kenwoods are one of the worst out there.. the kenny mask units are good looking but rubbish back to back with other modals out there..

see if you can get one fitted in your motor to test it with a few songs and then put in an alpine or something and see if you can get a better set up with it.. i think you will..

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
I got a 7534U last week, fitting it tomorrow. I agree the Kenwood units might not look the best or have the best sound quality but I've bought them time and time again because of the AC Drive system that audibly 'tells' you which folder you're in when you're browsing your MP3s, with 20GB of music I don't know what I'd do without it. So handy not to have to look at the unit while you browse.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
All installed now using a toshiba 1.8" USB drive (as used in ipods) Very quick loading and response times. I was a bit worried it might be very laggy but it wasn't. I prefer the Dmask+ on the older models but it's no major issue. Little joystick is good for navigation. Overall happy with upgrade, and would recommend it.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Got no digi cam and phone is crap so no pics. I''ve just stuck heavy duty velcro to the bottom of the USB drive and have it on the back of the glove box lid. I just drilled a hole near the front of the glove box (inside) for the wire and epoxy'd it into place once the length was correct.