ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kenwood Stalk Control SRNK003

Renault Clio 172 16v
Hi, Need some help

I have a Kenwood KDC-5027 Headunit and I am trying to get my stalk controller working using the Connects2 SRNK003 Cable.

I connected this up last night, and could not get the stalk working.

My headunit has a remote control wire coming out of the back of it, just wondering if my headunit is compatible?

Also there is a black wire, is this ment to go into a connects2 box or plugin some where on the car?? third picture down:

Pic001.jpg

Pic002.jpg

Pic003.jpg

The blue wire above is for an AMP (ignore that wire)

I've tried to search for installation instructions, but can't find anything on the net and I've looked on Connects2.co.uk website too.

Thanks, Daz

Attachments

• Pic001.jpg
    Pic001.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Pic002.jpg
    Pic002.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 43
  • Pic003.jpg
    Pic003.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 26
  megane/clio
doesnt the black one plug into the back of your head unit ,i know when i had a sony one of these the black bigger connector went into the back of the head unit

Renault Clio 172 16v
The thought had cross my mind too, but that black lead is to small for the CD port.

The black wire is only a 4 PIN connector, and I think the CD port is a 13 PIN connector (i think, need to check)

Daz

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Isn't there a lead that comes out from the headunit that this lead connects into. iirc

the blue/yellow connects to the red bullet then the rest just plugs in,the black plug isnt used,its only on older models where this type of fitting is used
if its not working youve got a dodgy one

Renault Clio 172 16v
I think your right Matt, probably got a dodgy one.

I might try and install it again, just incase.

Thanks for your replys

Daz

well i fitted one of these the other day and did it exactly the same and worked fine,does it have a blue lead hanging off the stalks?

EDIT:just seen the bloody pic.lol.the amp remote lead on the stalk needs to be connected up to your remote lead on your unit,this turns it on and off when the ignition is done so

Renault Clio 172 16v
well i fitted one of these the other day and did it exactly the same and worked fine,does it have a blue lead hanging off the stalks?

EDIT:just seen the bloody pic.lol.the amp remote lead on the stalk needs to be connected up to your remote lead on your unit,this turns it on and off when the ignition is done so

Hi Matt

I don't have another lead coming out of the back of the head unit for the AMP power. Can I just by pass it, and just plug it into the red or yellow power wire on the head unit leads??

Thanks for your help

Daz

Renault Clio 172 16v

Hi Matt

I don't have another lead coming out of the back of the head unit for the AMP power. Can I just by pass it, and just plug it into the red or yellow power wire on the head unit leads??

Thanks for your help

Daz

I've got it working, I soldered the blue AMP wire to the Yellow power wire, and now works. I could'nt find a blue wire coming down for the stalk controller.

Anyway now works.

Thanks for the help

Daz

Renault Clio 172 16v
make sure the yellow is not the permanent live as itll be on all the time and drain your battery

Hi Matt

I've unsoldered the wire from the yellow one (this was a permanent live). I found the wire the AMP wire should connect too. There was another blue wire on my kenwood leads (labelled P CONT). So it all works fine now, took me a while, but got there in the end.

thanks again, Daz