ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key Fcuked

I've got an 04 Clio and earlier on was takin my keys/wallet etc. out my trouser pocket and noticed how wrecked my car key looks,

I know its no big deal its only a key but mines got loads of chips on the black plastic part, like wee tiny dimples missing where the black plastic looks to have chipped off, just wondered if its normal for a clio key not to wear well? or if anyone elses key is also looking worse for wear.

secondly, if I bought a replacement key off ebay with the black plastic part in good condition, could I simply remove the blade, immob chip and circuit board from my keys black plastic part and insert them in the new black plastic part and the key would still work?

Renault Clio 172 Sport
I can just say that ive just been through this same issue. I fecked my key, this was my only key, so i bought one from ebay, had my clio toed to Renault with the new key and they tried to program the key but couldnt. When ive done investigation from a number of Auto Electricians they have all told me that the keys can only be programmes to the one car. So i wasted 9 quid on ebay and ended up having to pay £118.30 to Renault for a new chip / plasic clip including programming etc.
I think alot of people are mislead in thinking you can program any of the same key from another car into your car. You cant. I more than anyone wish this to be untrue but its not. Hence my £118.30 disapointment.

clio 1.4 16v
I can just say that ive just been through this same issue. I fecked my key, this was my only key, so i bought one from ebay, had my clio toed to Renault with the new key and they tried to program the key but couldnt. When ive done investigation from a number of Auto Electricians they have all told me that the keys can only be programmes to the one car. So i wasted 9 quid on ebay and ended up having to pay £118.30 to Renault for a new chip / plasic clip including programming etc.
I think alot of people are mislead in thinking you can program any of the same key from another car into your car. You cant. I more than anyone wish this to be untrue but its not. Hence my £118.30 disapointment.

i snapped my key off the fob but the fob still works! i went to renault and ordered a new pin which was £9.98 and stuck it back to the old fob! but new fobs are only £58.00 from renault!!

Renault Clio 172 Sport
The Blade (the key part) doesnt have anything to do with the Circuit Board inside the plastic. As long as it fits your car your ok.
If you need a new plastic bit and insides thats when it costs you!.

Renault Clio 172 Sport
When you order a new immobiliser key from renault you don't get the blade!

I know! I already had 2 blades but only 1 clip. My one and only clip fecked. So all they did was reprogram the new clip and put in the blade.

no no no guys. my car key still works fine, fob still locks/unlocks fine and starts the car,

its just the previous owner has by the look of things thrown it at walls etc. lol as its scratched and chipped to fook and looks in worse nick than a 10yr old 1. so what I was wanting to do was take my key apart, swap my original blade, circuit board and immob chip over to a new black plastic cover that was in good nick so essentially the only bit i'd be renewing would be the black plastic cover which doesnt really do anything anyway its the chip and circuit board inside, which are already coded to my car anyway.

I know all about the virgin keys for clio 2s, that can only be coded to a car once and thats them locked to that car only or not to any car and cant be used ever again.