ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key fob question

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Hi guys,
I'm trying to put my key in this Clio V6 model car and the only issue I have is that the key blade is too short, I was going to try to make it longer but I'm having a hard time figuring out how the immobilizer code is sent to the car.

I can't see any connections going from the circuit board to the key blade, is it a radio signal?

I did a test with the part of the key with the board off and not touching the key and the immobilizer light turned off as normal, just want to make sure before I make any mistakes.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20220215_203338.jpg
    IMG_20220215_203338.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 70

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
I realized i should probably make a second key before anything and i haven't done it yet ahah

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
I realized i should probably make a second key before anything and i haven't done it yet ahah
Hey, didn't see anyone else putting you right....
Yes, it's a radio signal at 433MHz, the pickup is a small unit fastened around the ignition barrel.
You can take the blade out and renew that but the send/receive circuits are encoded to the ECU, so that part is not easy to change.