ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key fob trouble

Clio 182 Trophy
the key fob for my 2002 clio stopped working so i changed the battery and it still didnt work. when i looked inside the little switch has come appart into bits!

is there any way of repairing it? to buy a new one from a dealer si very expensive

thanks

antony

RB 200 Cup!
think prob your gonna have to go see a dealership about it unfortunately.

dont you have a spare?

Clio 182 Trophy
no i dont have a spare the guy who i bought it off had lost it, its a pain having to lock the car with the key everytime!

RB 200 Cup!
try several dealerships cos from what ive heard the price to have a new one sorted varies a lot

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
can you post a pic of "the bits" and I will tell you if it can be repaired.

The little swicth can be fixd but get a spare key there not cheap £40 for the unit plus £12 for the mtal key plus about 20 minutes labout to program it and get the other key removed from the system as all new CLios have 2 keys from new You don't want your second key being used to drive off your car the second key if removed won't let anyone start the car they will ba able to get in but a 1.6+ should have an alrm as standard so the alarm would go off and the imobiliser woulnd't let the second key work if its been removed from the computer system.