ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key

1.2l 16v Clio extreme
The Button on my key have stopped working, but i think the battiery have gone,

does anyone know about how much it is to get fixed?
thanks.

M

mini-valver

The price of a battery.

Turn the key upside down, slide the back off and take the battery to a motor factor.

Monaco
The price of a battery.

Turn the key upside down, slide the back off and take the battery to a motor factor.

not true.

As soon as the battery dies it also wipes th interna; memory of your car's frequency. Happened to me. put a new battery in myself then took it to Arnold Sharks. forked out an extra £80 to finish the job

M

mini-valver

Mine worked straight away. Even if it hadn't, key programming info is on the net. Only a sequence of locking/unlocking the car.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Is it definitely the Key? Does the red LED on the key still blink?
If its not the key then its to do with the receiver on the car. This happened on the missus' 182. The blippers on the keys worked but the car didn't unlock.

The cure? Disconnect the battery. Reconnect.

275 Trophy
Does it click at all, the plastic button on the key I mean? If so could be battery, if not, the tiny switch will most likely have broken off the circuit board. If it's the later, try taking it to a electrical repair place or even a watch repairers. Electrician at work fixed mine.