ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keycare cover?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone ever claimed on their keycare cover? I have it currently, and have only had one key since I bought my current car. I was wondering if anyone knew more about the process - mainly what it would entail - would it be as simple as me being sent a new key from Renault, or me buying a key from Renault and then sending the receipt to my insurer and they'll cover the cost?

The thing that's stopped me using it in the past is that I thought I might have to take the car to Renault and have the immobiliser code changed with a fresh set of keys etc - which all seems like a lot of hassle for one key.

Mk2 Ph2 172
Why don't you phone them up and say you lost the main key and now using the spare!!!

They might have a contractor that will come out and cut/code a new key at your home..... simples !!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I may well just ask them, but if I explain the situation to them they'll probably pick holes in it resulting in me not getting a new key, I was asking on here first just to see if anyone had gone through the process and knew the way it was done.