ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keyed door! Help.

Clio 182 Black Gold
So ye as the title says someone has keyed the door on my BG 182. Was looking for someone to spray it and got a price of over £100. Now I've looked on eBay and can buy a BG 182 door for like £60 in good condition. Would it be better to buy the door and swap them over? Also I need my front wing respraying.. £50 for respray or £20 from local breaker.

​thanks

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
While blending paint is true, if the door is from a similarly aged car as yours, it may be a better match than could be done with paint - I've seen people on here before try to get parts from a different car of a similar age to their own to try and get an exact paint match - plus I'd have thought BG would be the easiest colour to match, or at least the colour where mismatches would be least obvious - only a thought though.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
So ye as the title says someone has keyed the door on my BG 182. Was looking for someone to spray it and got a price of over £100. Now I've looked on eBay and can buy a BG 182 door for like £60 in good condition. Would it be better to buy the door and swap them over? Also I need my front wing respraying.. £50 for respray or £20 from local breaker.

​thanks

Cant you get a quote for door and wing from same place while they are mixing the paint they may as well do both..

Clio 197
Thing is is you buy a new door its not going to be perfect and may have the odd blemish etc so may end up getting it resprayed. I would get your current door resprayed.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
It's not gonna be perfect, but it's unlikely his door on the other side is perfect, nor the rest of the car for that matter - as long as he buys a decent door, one that hasn't also been scratched then he'll be fine.

​If a decent door is available, and you can give it an eye over then it seems like a good option.