ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Killzone 3

Yes being co-developed by Naughty Dog which should get any Piss3 owner hot under the collar. There is another thread for this iirc.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
This looks sweet. Hopefully they'll leave the wasp weapon out of mp or it will kill the game off too quick -just like people using launchers on kz2....no bloody need!

Other than that, can't wait and with it being co-developed by naughty dog it should be better than first anticipated.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Ohhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!

I can NOT fu**in wait for this!

When this is released you will not see me for a long long time!!!!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Whats the betting i make 3* on KZ2 before 3 comes out??

Slim to none if Uncharted 3 arrives before that!!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
10oadx.jpg

3vz5q.jpg

77an9.jpg

6izxk.jpg

5xeu2w.jpg

1iaaa.jpg

8g9cu.jpg

4l9ki.jpg

Guerrilla Games is promising tighter, more responsive controls for the forthcoming Killzone 3.

Writing on the official Killzone site, Guerrilla Game Director Mathijs de Jonge described the difficult decisions the team took in addressing this highly contentious issue. On the one hand, the response from the controls was the subject of much criticism from many gamers. On the other, the sensation of weight and inertia was one of the defining features of the game's primary handshake with the player.

"Our first priority when we started working on the controls for Killzone 3 was to listen closely to Killzone 2's players - what they liked, what they disliked, and how they felt things could be improved," Mathijs wrote. "Accuracy and responsiveness consistently came up as the top issues. At the same time, a lot of players were saying they loved the weighty feel."

Back in February, Digital Foundry took possession of a DualShock 3 controller adapted by legendary modsmith Benjamin Heckendorn. Connected to an LED monitor board, it allowed us to measure the latency between button press and on-screen action, the so-called input or controller lag.

Our result? The simple act of firing a pistol (something you wouldn't expect to have much heft or inertia) took 150ms from button press to muzzle-flash on-screen. In more challenging scenes, with the game dropping frames, latency was even higher. In comparison, most other first-person shooters running at 30FPS tend to weigh in around 100ms to 133ms max, while 60FPS titles like Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare can achieve a very respectable 66ms response in optimum conditions.

The official Killzone site talks about the team "going back to the drawing board" in improving controller response.

"Right now it's still a work in progress," Mathijs explained. "But we're definitely getting there. We've recalibrated the dead zone to be more responsive and significantly reduced the input lag, resulting in far better accuracy. Best of all, we've managed to retain that sense of weight that set Killzone 2 apart from other shooters. I can't wait for people to try it out."

We played the E3 demo of Killzone 3 at the event and while clearly a proper analysis wasn't possible within the confines of SCEE's press lounge, there was definitely a sense of an additional crispness to the controls. However, in the pre-alpha demo there was still a somewhat variable frame-rate - definitely one of the significant contributory factors in adding to Killzone 2's controller lag.

Overall impressions were very positive though, and bearing in mind how little has been shown of the full game thus far, we can't wait to see more.

There will be a Killzone 3 beta, but only for people who subscribe to PlayStation Plus.

To enter, download the PS+ exclusive Killzone 3 theme on 14th October. If you're one of the first 10,000 to do so, you're in.

Those who qualify can play from 25th October, according to the European PlayStation Blog.

Inside the Killzone 3 beta you'll find the Operations game type, new party system and jetpack and exoskeleton vehicles. Plus, your feedback may alter the final game, so make sure you suggest something memorable.

Multiplayer video footage : http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/killzone-3-multiplayer-beta-footage

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
To be honest killzone 1 was one of the best games I played on the ps2 and numero 2 was very good.

Looking forward to it. Sometimes I don't even play single player on shoot em ups anymore!

Bumder With A Buffer
Possibly..I really liked th elook of it so bought it for about £10 off fleebay...played it a few times and thought, I can't get on with this. Shame as graphically it looks pretty awesome.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Beta is available now to a chosen few... I happen to be one of those few... Is taking ages to download though.
Will put up some feedback when I get the chance to play...

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Beta is available now to a chosen few... I happen to be one of those few... Is taking ages to download though.
Will put up some feedback when I get the chance to play...

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well after a few hours the other night its a lot different to kz2. I think its more suited to mw players now as its a lot lighter on controls, you unlock guns/extras now and can start with any class instead of the standard soldier. Infact the standard soldier has been removed aswell as assault.

The fact that you no longer have spawn grenades will put a lot of people off as there are now fixed spawn areas, this could turn out to be a bad idea imo. Also no spawning on squad leader anymore, hope that changes before full release though.

Had a quick go on "operations" and got my name in the cut scenes which is a nice little add on game.

the whole menu seems pretty poor and I'm hoping this is just for the beta trail and they fix it for the full release.

Oh and you can't mix classes now which is a bit pants and some of the new abilities don't seem right for their soldier.

And last night it kept bloody crashing...

Still.... Roll on feb....

A SHED!
Well after a few hours the other night its a lot different to kz2. I think its more suited to mw players now as its a lot lighter on controls, you unlock guns/extras now and can start with any class instead of the standard soldier. Infact the standard soldier has been removed aswell as assault.

The fact that you no longer have spawn grenades will put a lot of people off as there are now fixed spawn areas, this could turn out to be a bad idea imo. Also no spawning on squad leader anymore, hope that changes before full release though.

Had a quick go on "operations" and got my name in the cut scenes which is a nice little add on game.

the whole menu seems pretty poor and I'm hoping this is just for the beta trail and they fix it for the full release.

Oh and you can't mix classes now which is a bit pants and some of the new abilities don't seem right for their soldier.

And last night it kept bloody crashing...

Still.... Roll on feb....

shame it had to ruin its controls just to suit the overhyped floaty feel shite that is mw2. ive yet to play black ops yet so cant comment on that.