ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kit choice for traveling/holidays

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'm heading on holidays next week and I'm looking at getting a new lens to take along and have a play with while I'm away

At the moment I'm looking at a Sigma 30mm f1.4 and a Nikon 10.5mm f2.8 fisheye - torn between the two as they are both cracking lenses!

What do you all normally take with you on holiday;
All your gear
Just the walkabout + a prime
A point & shoot

On this trip I'll be in a cable car, going to a marine park, a wildlife reserve and hopefully seeing dolphins too (again :approve:)

Trev

When I travel (for work) I usually take my 24-70mm. That's a great 'all in one' lens, it will do pretty much everything you need.

I then take either my 50mm or 85mm 1.4 for the 'arty' shots.

How many lenses can you take?

RIP Dan
The waterproof Canon point and shoot I got was awesome for travelling. Worked with everything I threw at it. I took my SLR and 3 lenses too, but for wet stuff the Canon was brilliant. Would recommend one to anyone going away and spending any time in the water etc.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have a wee Olympus Tough for the water, grand wee thing for quick & underwater snaps :)

Sigma 50-150 2.8, job done! Compact yet very versatile.

That the "Bigma" ?

Didn't think it was a 2.8 - and if it was it might need the whole feckin plane ;)

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have a D90 along with

Sigma 24-70mm 2.8 (walkabout)
SB900 flash
Sigma 10-20mm
50mm 1.8
60mm 2.8 macro
Sigma 70-300mm

A few screw-on filters too :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
I think the 150-500mm was the "younger, shorter brother" version of the Bigma, or so I read in a few reviews.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm glad this thread is up as its saved me making one next month.

I'm off to Jersey for a few nights in October and I'm struggling to pick the lenses to take.

I have...
50mm 1.8
28mm 2.8
35-70 3.5-4.5

19-35 3.5-4.5 With ND8
55-250 4-5.6

Was thinking of taking the ones in bold as She will be taking her 18-200 3.5-5.6 too. I could take them all as they fit in my Lowepro rucksack but if i don't need them then why take them?

Will take a tripod, remote shutter and maybe her speed light too.

Thoughts?

Bus w**ker
I love my DSLR and everything that goes with it...but for a typical holiday it's just too big to lug about, so I bought a TZ10 specifically for that job. Don't get me wrong there's times when I'd kill to have my DSLR but it's a nice compromise and any pictures are better then none.

I love my DSLR and everything that goes with it...but for a typical holiday it's just too big to lug about, so I bought a TZ10 specifically for that job. Don't get me wrong there's times when I'd kill to have my DSLR but it's a nice compromise and any pictures are better then none.

Mmmmm, Micro 4/3s :)

Bus w**ker
Good shout, not really something I'd even considered...hmm may have to look in to Four Third cameras and see what's what. Cheers!

4/3s 20mm f/1.7 arrived this morning, sweeeeet, all I should need for travel etc. and about 1/5th the size of my 40D + 17-55 f/2.8!

Holidays are for holidaying IMO, used to lug around 2-3 lenses, not anymore.

"Navy" N17 TWO
A nice wee winning bid on a 70-300mm Nikon VR made its way to my door this morning, might sell the Sigma equivalent now :)

Still thinking about the fisheye though, but it means less spending money for the holiday lol :eek: