ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KN 57i

Clio Williams
I have read alot of threads saying that this slows cars down because it sucks in hot air. Would an air feed improve this? and would a second air help help more?:S

clio mk2 1.2 16v
an air feed would make it better as you wud be getting cold air into the air filter. Ive got a relocation pipe on mine so that the airfilter is right behind the upper grill. One of my m8s has an air feed coming out of his fog lamp holder. You can also get heat shields to protect the airfilter from the heat from the engine

Megane Mk4
Same here ....
I'm using a thin piece of Stainless steel and custom-made a shield to protect the upwards heat.
available from B&Q for a couple of quid ;)
( You'll have to excuse the messy bends, these were taken before I trimmed it down )
af1.gif

Then I used a hole cutter to cut out a hole underneath for the air feed..

af2.gif

If you can use the OEM feeds then that will improve cold air flow immensely.

And with a bit of twiddly work, you can get the pipe to stick out at the bottom front.
( Again, photo'd before I removed my chicken wire ;) )

af3.gif

Andi

Last edited:
  Golf GTI 1.8T
thats what I need to do asap andi!! smart job

its worth the hot air just for the sound though :D