ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knock from front pad movement?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Driving the car yesterday when going slow theres a knock from the front but when i push the brake even a little it stops or its much less. Sounds like pad rattle to me from the 197 brembos any tips stopping this?

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I had a similar thing, thought it may have been brakes, turned out the front dampers were shot and knocking over bumps. Think it reduced under braking as it was tightening all the suspension up with the force. Something to tick off.

Megane 225 f1
Could just try taking the pads out cleaning and re greasing everything and see what happens? I have a knock on my megane but only after its been stood for maybe 10 mins or longer and only when initially pulling off, nothing then after that untill i stop for a period of time, going to try this myself when i get time.